PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
It says it’s made in Richmond VA. AFAIK Sutliff only makes one VA slice.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I've never had Gold Slice, but I have some Gold Brick. I wonder if they are very similar or completely different Wessex blends. Both are considered straight Virginias, and I do like the Gold Brick, but I don't smoke it very often. Any thoughts on this?

Reactions: BROBS

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Smoking some Gold Brick right now. It has many qualities I miss from McClelland - sweet and light tasting but with great body in the smoke and no bite at all, even when smoked without drying first. Also, one slice off the block rubs out to at least 3 bowls worth.

Having Gold Slice along with this a month ago, I can say they are very similar (at least to my taste).

Reactions: BROBS

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
If you listen about to Allen Schwartz on the radio podcast. more blends than we think are the same blend, maybe with a little different treatment. It also sounds like Brian has a number of secrets he may tell us...one day.

Mike S.
I would not be surprised to find many of these blends are the same with only minor differences. However, for me personally, these minor differences are important. Someone can cook you the same meal twice but change the seasoning on the meal, and consequently, it changes the experience with the meal. Meal A could have been amazing (the seasoning was just right) and meal B was good but not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.