PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre1965

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2020
I've only ever had one jar go fuzzy; it was very obvious. I stared at every jar and bag in my cellar for the next week waiting for the apocalypse. As I was taught as a young soldier "when in doubt, throw it out" meaning a salute, but I think it works here too. No tobacco is worth getting sick over.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I've only ever had one jar go fuzzy; it was very obvious. I stared at every jar and bag in my cellar for the next week waiting for the apocalypse. As I was taught as a young soldier "when in doubt, throw it out" meaning a salute, but I think it works here too. No tobacco is worth getting sick over.
I've given it some more thought and read some more responses including yours and Sable's and I'm just going to toss it. I can live without the $11 its not a big deal to me.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Chairwheel blend?
6da9709e-7411-4748-8774-89754c2c35ca-jpeg.35337

Reactions: logs

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
For those that look at the pics from inside C&D, and think their practices are unhygenic...... I suggest you avoid looking at the way tobacco is stored and treated (worldwide) prior to it arriving at the blenders / manufacturers.
Haha or G&H. I just like ribbin

Reactions: robcapp

robcapp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2017
Massachusetts
Haha or G&H. I just like ribbin
Not at all man. All good! The reality is, unfortunately C&D products are too well represented in the 'best in show' mold awards!

I'm just suggesting that the few photos and videos from within the C&D factory, that for years have generated condemnation from many internet groups... well, they actually show what would be considered within the tobacco industries, a relatively clean environment when it comes to storage and very typical handling and processing of the tobacco.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I've given it some more thought and read some more responses including yours and Sable's and I'm just going to toss it. I can live without the $11 its not a big deal to me.
Not a bad idea to let the manufacturer or retailer know if it was straight from the tin. They may be able to correlate batch numbers and some will replace it for you.

Reactions: Spinkle

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Not a bad idea to let the manufacturer or retailer know if it was straight from the tin. They may be able to correlate batch numbers and some will replace it for you.
I had opened it about six months ago, didn’t get much flavour out of it and so jarred it. I think this just raises too many variables as to whether or not this happened at the factory or due to my own improper handling. I did mark down that it was produced April 2019 but other than that the tin is gone so I suspect it wouldn’t be much help for them.

Reactions: ofafeather

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I had opened it about six months ago, didn’t get much flavour out of it and so jarred it. I think this just raises too many variables as to whether or not this happened at the factory or due to my own improper handling. I did mark down that it was produced April 2019 but other than that the tin is gone so I suspect it wouldn’t be much help for them.
Yeah, think you’re right. Sucks though. Sorry that happened.

Reactions: Spinkle

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Not at all man. All good! The reality is, unfortunately C&D products are too well represented in the 'best in show' mold awards!

I'm just suggesting that the few photos and videos from within the C&D factory, that for years have generated condemnation from many internet groups... well, they actually show what would be considered within the tobacco industries, a relatively clean environment when it comes to storage and very typical handling and processing of the tobacco.
Right. I guess I’d just expect them to have disposable shoe covers or something at least. I believe they do at GH. Could be wrong tho haha

Status
Not open for further replies.