PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
This isn’t as useful as you might think, but at least it establishes the pipe was available no later than the end of 1930.

View attachment 203567
Not necessarily. It may have continued to be available after that for some time. And we don’t know what the availability was previously. But it does establish that in December of 1930, it was available. And that would fall in the timeframe previously discussed of 1924 - 1936.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Not necessarily. It may have continued to be available after that for some time. And we don’t know what the availability was previously. But it does establish that in December of 1930, it was available. And that would fall in the timeframe previously discussed of 1924 - 1936.

My post was unintentionally ambiguously phrased. I meant the advertisement establishes that the Templar was introduced no later than December of 1930 since it was obviously available at that time. I’m not saying exactly when it was launched or when production ceased.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I don’t have any information about KBB Templar pipes. However, the style of the KBB in the Cloverleaf on the shank and what looks like Algerian Bruyere would suggest 1930s. As does the slot at the end of the stem, as opposed to the round orifice found on pre-1920 KBB’s.
Thank you, Bill Feuerbach, for chiming in.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I don’t have any information about KBB Templar pipes. However, the style of the KBB in the Cloverleaf on the shank and what looks like Algerian Bruyere would suggest 1930s. As does the slot at the end of the stem, as opposed to the round orifice found on pre-1920 KBB’s.
Thank you for the information. I'll go with that.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon