PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
Picked this up in a lot of pipes and am wondering if this is a real clay pipe that I can smoke, or just decoration? Hoping it's real so I can try my first clay!

ClayPipe.jpg

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Yep,

It's for real. Being a short nose warmer type clay I recommend you puff gently or the tongue will suffer. The pipe depicted seems to be an authentic antique. Enjoy.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
Awesome! Unless it's worth a Kagillion dollars I'm gonna learn how a clay smokes :)

mushjoon

Might Stick Around
Nov 26, 2011
Looks like it's a cutty! I don't like cutties because they are short in length....

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
The pipe gets kinda hot! I think it was kinda like smoking a Meer though because the smoke relatively cool. I was smoking Haunted Bookshop and thought it was pretty damn good. Not sure if it was just me but the peppery zing I get was pretty pronounced. That is a good thing to my tastes.

I used chapstick on the stem lol

The feel of the pipe will take some getting used too but I for sure will be smoking it some more. Next going to try some PA and see if it smokes a bit cooler to the touch.

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
That's a pretty neat looking clay pipe there. Sorry to ask a possible dumb question but who makes Haunted Bookshop?

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
cornell and diehl makes Bookshop and spyder glad ya liked it i think the smoke itself is cooler but the pipe gets hot and i have noticed you can hold em by the stem untill ya get mid bowl then ya can hold em from the bowl if ya hold the TOP of the bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.