PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyjo

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2012
Ideally, I want a pipe that can smoke multiple time, small in size and may be look great too.
The first kind of pipe come to my mind is "mini meerschaum pipe".

But I heard a lot of times that "mini meerschaum" are not good in quality.
Also, I know that there is "lepeltier pipe" which is porcelain or clay pipe.

But I don't like the draw (English is my second language and I hope I am expressing my thought correctly) which is kind of close.
My budget is less than $100.

Can someone give me some recommendation?

Or just simply tells me that this is impossible to find something like that?
I know I could pack less tobacco to achieve the "small size" requirement.

But if possible, I want a smaller bowl....
Thanks

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
There is a stainless steal pipe being made for travle pocket size has a cover so the tobacco or ash dont fall out. thats what i would go with

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
You might consider a small Prince style pipe.They're light weight,and easy to hold.They're available in your price range from some of the sponsors here.

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
You might do a search on meerschaum pipes and look at several sites. Here is small pocket pipe. http://www.meerschaummerchant.com/p-2147-_072328-classic-military-pocket-meerschaum.aspx I can not say anything about the quality at that site.

I hope others have better suggestions.

kennyjo

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2012
Thanks for the information.
Where can I find some good quality small meerschaum pipe?

Is there any brand you can recommend?

The only brand I know that made mini/small meerschaum pipe is Servi.

All other I can find on ebay seems to be fake or has bad quality.
Btw, I don't know the smaller pipe will cause tongue bit....

Because my Wellington (with a relatively small bowl) work fine for me.
I have never heard about stainless steel pipe.

Can you show me some example/link of that?
As I know (from what I have read online), briar pipe can only smoke one bowl per one to two days.

I don't know the small prince style and mr brog is an option for me or not....

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Like the gent said..a cob, country gentleman can ve smoked over and over without a rest and depending on your style a good looking pipe. Or what about a meer lined brair. Can those be smoked just as a meer?

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Oh man, oh man, I have a Kaywoodie from 1932 that fits that bill, she's good for 5+ smokes a day, itty bitty flake sized bowl, and it breaks down into 2 pieces for travel.

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
Savinelli makes a line of small pipes called "Kings Crossing." They usually retail for around $20 or so. I use these as walk-around pipes when out of town on business, and I smoke 'em all day with nary an ill effect, flakes or Virginia blends usually. They are briar, small and compact, look good and are inexpensive.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Mini meers are too small tongue bite is unavoidable.
I believe you mispoke sir.
Small pipe might smoke a littler hotter and may have a higher chance of burning your tongue if you aren't careful. But they do not cause tongue bite which is a chemical reaction between you and the tobacco.

kennyjo

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2012
Wow~~ so nice and so many great suggestions.
I have no idea cob pipe can be smoked more than once a day.

To be honest, I thought it is some kind of cheap and good alternative for briar pipe....
I heard many of mini Meer are made from pressed meer.

I have no idea where I can find good mini meer....

Every seller said their product are made from block.... but I highly doubt that....
Is the falcon pipe the same as stainless steel pipe mentioned before?
I have done some research online.

And seems some smokers believe that briar can be smoke more than one bowl per day as long as you rest it for at least 1 day.

Any thought on that?

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
I have a small SMS Meer. I would say it's bowl is closest to a prince. It smokes magically with rich flavor and cool smoke. The bowl is just deep and wide enough to take the first part of my index finger, up to the first knuckle. I guess we could say it is a medium. I was just "talking" to another forum member about it. I am going to have the bowl dimensions replicated in Briar to see how/if those proportions are in any way contributing to this magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.