PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
I really like the flavor of latakia, but is there a tobacco that has Virginia, Latakia and possibly some casing for additional flavor. I've heard that Samuel Gauwith makes a Navy Flake with Latakia and Rum, I might like to try that if it true.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Sillem's Black is a latakia based blend with an aromatic topping. It does have some VA in it, but also burley and black cavendish.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
There are many such blends these days. Two Friend's English Chocolate is Va based with some lataki and a bit of chocolate. C&D's USS Mason is another with VA/Per, burley, latakia and a brandy topping. Both are great and in my daily rotation.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
i don't get many aromatics, but often when smoking one i will simply add some latakia to it.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Taste is a very personal thing. I have HH Highland and I'm disappointed. I will not buy another tin. I am a latakia smoker and I much prefer Sterling's 1776 Bostonian, Becks Ol'Limey Bastard, Balkan Sasieni, and of course Penzance. I've also smoked Black Mallory, Three Oaks Syrian, Commonwealth, Squadron Leader, Westminster, Charring Cross, and Odyssey. I would prefer to smoke any of them more than HH Highland.

Status
Not open for further replies.