PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Old Gowrie might just be my favorite but it's a bit pricey. Is there a bulk blend or anything close to it? It seems like the combo of VA with just a hint of perique and DFK is hard to find. I love how the two condiments just season the VAs. Most blends have an emphasis on one or the other, but I haven't really found one that's got just enough of the two, but not too much.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Reactions: TheWhale13

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I think red virginia is the star of Old Gowrie and as such, I think F&T Blacksmith is the closest but not that close. Maybe WCC Old Dominion and Old Dominion 25th Anniversary Flake.
I figured there wouldn't be anything real close, it's a pretty singular blend, but your recommendations seem like something in the same vein. Thanks!

eieiowen

Lurker
Jul 13, 2022
Does anyone have other recommendations? I have been wondering the same thing. Old Gowrie is my favorite but so hard to get. Thanks much!

Architeuthis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2021
I am a fan of Old Gowrie and stashed away a bunch in the early 20 teens. I've tried lots of stuff over the last 10 years or so but never found anything that meets your description of a bulk/more affordable version of OG. Its too bad finding it and other nice blends is such a mad scramble anymore...