Is There Any Cure For Stupid? 2 Examples Of Sheer Stupidity.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
We've all done something stupid at some point in our lives but (3 guys) climbing into a tumble dryer or another guy buying a 'magic lamp' for $41,500 really takes the biscuit.

It's stories like these that make me very worried about the future of the human race :rolleyes:

Regards,

Jay.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
It’s not that stupidity is a new phenomenon, it’s that the internet popularizes it and expands its reach.

Stupidity is what keeps me in business. Home wiring repairs, combined with stupidity or alcohol rarely ends well.

I was testifying in court about some shitty wiring and I replied, “it looked like two guys, a six pack, and Home Depot”

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The guys in the industrial dryer reminded me of taking the lift up to the top of the St. Louis Arch, Gateway to the West. Since the structure is a tall arch, up-and-down elevators won't work, so they designed odd little sit-down cars that are weighted to stay upright that feel like you are getting into a dryer. Their track is indoors, so you aren't suspended in space. They even have little vent holes throughout like a laundry dryer does. If you are quite tall (over six feet) or somewhat overweight, or claustrophobic, it could be a problem. At the top, the entire arch sways slightly, as do many tall buildings, but it is an unforgettable view.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
A doctor no less ?
you don't know too many doctors do you? If you ever worked with them you'd not be surprised at all. Seriously they spend so much time learning one big thing it seems to cause severe deficits in other areas. And never ever ever trust your doctor when they talk about how insurance works, because they're going to be wrong. In their minds insurance means everything is fine and they're going to get their check. Worst part is that unlike regular idiots people tell them how smart they are and then magically they start believing it applies to everything not just their specialization.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
you don't know too many doctors do you? If you ever worked with them you'd not be surprised at all. Seriously they spend so much time learning one big thing it seems to cause severe deficits in other areas. And never ever ever trust your doctor when they talk about how insurance works, because they're going to be wrong. In their minds insurance means everything is fine and they're going to get their check. Worst part is that unlike regular idiots people tell them how smart they are and then magically they start believing it applies to everything not just their specialization.
Same with engineers!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Same with engineers!
yeah and they're way more arrogant about it in general then doctors. And messier too. Seriously those are the office that actually really need a cleaning. I swear some of the engineers eat on the floor and I'll never forget that slice of cake that just melded into the desk after a week and started growing fuzz. By the way we're not supposed to throw things out but moldy cake is getting thrown out. And yes dude kept eating off of it and no there was no plate involved. But that dude of course knows everything by the way. Of course there are exceptions but that doesn't change that these tendencies are real.

• Haha
Reactions: kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.