PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
I am thinking making an order at Peretti site but I saw posts in the past the site is not secure for cc and there were issues of stolen cc info. Has the problem been resolved now, any recent issues anyone experienced?

Mr.Pink

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2020
Chicago IL
use a card with a limit or privacy card. Yes I did hear that. if you want to be safe. I do the one extra step, but I run a lot of bots.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Peretti as in L.J. Peretti?

Hmm I ordered 4 tins of Tabac two months ago, no issues here...

You’d have to elaborate better on what you understand when you said the site is not secure, because the website uses HTTPS.

As long as the Implementation of the site is up to Standards, it’s safe, beyond that, could be in part due to the credit card processing/merchant.

Last edited:

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Of course anyone can get hacked too, so if in doubt, always best to contact any company, before making a purchase.

You can’t lie about your eCommerce safety to consumers, that’s a lawsuit!

P.S. The Edit time ran out, so I made this reply.

Jun 23, 2019
I am thinking making an order at Peretti site but I saw posts in the past the site is not secure for cc and there were issues of stolen cc info. Has the problem been resolved now, any recent issues anyone experienced?

Peretti definitely had some kind of security issue with their online ordering (and possibly over the phone ordering) some time last year. Things were supposedly remedied since the website update but I've still used a pre-paid Visa the last time I ordered.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I believe it has been fixed for some time. I've called and never encountered any rudeness. I think some folks here are a bit thing skinned.
Hoosier, you are so right. I have been going to Peretti's for almost 40 years. They have never been rude. They can be Boston/New England crisp. Sadly, Charlie, the man who had perhaps the world's greatest private collection of Castellos (500 plus) passed away three or so years ago. He was a curmudgeon but once he became aware that you were knowledgable, or wanted to know, about pipes he was really great. The store itself is quite small and is located next to a tourist trolley starting/ending point. As a result these guys, who really are serious about pipes, tobacco and cigars spend a good deal of time each day dealing with folks who are not really interested in pipes but mostly want to use a bathroom. I have an account with them but, if i cannot go, i usually place orders over the phone. Great, iconic place with, shall we say, a good deal of patina.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
It’s a great shop.

Willet literally said this to the Boston News once.

‘We’re old and arrogant and snobby’.

I personally think that was just his New England wit.

He was in the shop when I was there, a very New England man in his khaki pants, and polo shirt.

I miss that shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.