PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I couldn't have much of a leathercraft business without online shopping. There are NO suppliers for leather, tools, or supplies in town.

What kills me is the shipping, since no single supplier has everything I need.

Reactions: Bowie

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Yes for those with limited mobility and other difficulties you can see plenty of benefits in online shopping (although in the past these people were helped by friends & neighbours anyway and that doesn’t happen anymore either)

LOL, nope, now days "friends and neighbors" are not a big factor. In most cases when you become totally dependant on others helping you become "invisible," so to speak. So, YES! Internet shopping may at times be frustrating, but for many of us it is the only game in town.

Reactions: Bowie

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
It's difficult to carry something made in America if no one is making it in America.
No doubt. Hopefully it's on the rebound.
I've noticed more online purchases are adding in sales tax, now. The last couple of eBay purchases, which were not bought from someone in the same state, had sales tax added in. Guessing some law kicked in for that change to happen.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Virtually everything except groceries I buy online. I get the best price, shipping is free + it shows up at my doorstep within 24-48 hours.

Reactions: Peter Peachfuzz

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
This is no doubt ironic to say here, but I think there's a hidden down-side to America's slide into doing increasingly more business online, the social aspect. I think it feeds into a culture that is increasingly pushing people inadvertently into decreasing direct social interaction, of at least the face-to-face variety. People ordering home delivered restaurant meals instead of going to restaurants. People texting instead of have phone conversations, etc. In a sense, we're becoming a nation of "hermits."

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
A word to the wise. You better buy as much as your wallet can afford because the days of buying tobacco on-line are coming to a end soon. Sign up for tobacco news on google alerts if you don't believe me. The chatter is getting more aggessive.

Status
Not open for further replies.