PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2019
North Mississippi
last package i ordered went from Memphis to Washington state before making its way down to me in north Mississippi thankfully it was nothing i was in a rush for. far more often i will have packages hit the Memphis hub and just sit at the hub for 3 days, don't know why but its a fairly common thing i see with things i order.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
last package i ordered went from Memphis to Washington state before making its way down to me in north Mississippi thankfully it was nothing i was in a rush for. far more often i will have packages hit the Memphis hub and just sit at the hub for 3 days, don't know why but its a fairly common thing i see with things i order.
In my case, now that I think about it....it’s ALWAYS when I order a new pipe and or a tobacco I’m super excited to try.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't ordered from SP in a while, but my experience has been the opposite. I joke that the box hits the mailbox just before I click on the order. A lot of my USPS experience follows that pattern. My wife is a big gift giver, and when we ship them from home, I'm the wrap-for-shipping and post office run person. Most of those orders seem to get there surprisingly fast. A few complicated NYC zips can take a little longer; Queens must have more zips than the rest of the country. But mostly, USPS has been fast, and much better priced than other courier services.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
I haven't ordered from SP in a while, but my experience has been the opposite. I joke that the box hits the mailbox just before I click on the order. A lot of my USPS experience follows that pattern. My wife is a big gift giver, and when we ship them from home, I'm the wrap-for-shipping and post office run person. Most of those orders seem to get there surprisingly fast. A few complicated NYC zips can take a little longer; Queens must have more zips than the rest of the country. But mostly, USPS has been fast, and much better priced than other courier services.
Like I said before, it’s probably just my luck. Just like the ACME safe that almost fell on me last week. I think Wiley Coyote and I must have the same dad lol

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
I want to make perfectly clear this issue had nothing to do with SP by any stretch of the imagination. They are awesome! It’s USPS I have the beef with!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
the problem is your thinking of your order and not the hundreds and thousands of (or more) parcels that they have to schlep across the country. Another way to put it is if they split up packages so they beelined to their destination that would burn through an incredible amount of fuel per parcel. And yeah it's where you live that's really the issue.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
also the mail can sense your desperation. If I wait till I am low on something important it always adds days, if I order ahead of time it seems to get there on time. Yes the mail can smell desperation.
Yup! Just validated that it’s true. Placed an order with NO pipe in order and a standard re-supply of tobacco.....nothing new that I was chomping at the bit to try. Guess what? Got here in 2 days with no side trip to the west coast.....THEORY CONFIRMED!!!:mad:

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.