New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Is Dunhill Ready Rubbed liked by anybody else? Seems like an overlooked blend on many forums.

Title edited for caps and brevity. Original above. -jpm

Out of all the reading I've done on different forums, this is a blend that I rarely see discussed. Not sure if it's unpopular because of its mediocrity, or if it's just not what most smokers enjoy. Im currently smoking a 2 year old tin and am enjoying it to a great extent. The woody, floral incense, grassy notes are just wonderful. It's not a Unicorn blend by any means, but I'll be dammed if it isn't a great easy smoking blend.

Just curious why it's kind of neglected on different discussion platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Yup, I like it. I think it’s just a matter of literally hundreds of good blends and it’s not a unicorn as you say. My cellar is full of blends I enjoy but that aren’t often enthused about on the forums. Which is just fine.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. ?

Reactions: AppalachianPipe92
Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
Yup, I like it. I think it’s just a matter of literally hundreds of good blends and it’s not a unicorn as you say. My cellar is full of blends I enjoy but that aren’t often enthused about on the forums. Which is just fine.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. ?
Couldn't agree more. Just surprised it's just not talked about at all. Very enjoyable blend.

mparker762

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2021
Houston, TX
I'm quite fond of it, both the old rectangular tin from murray's and the newer stuff. I probably have a dozen tins in the closet. I think the major issue with it is that it's out of step with modern tastes which lean less towards the mild but steady "all day smoke" and more towards the punchier in-your-face flavors favored by the thrice-a-week pipe smoker.
Is it still in production with Peterson?
Nope, though it was never particularly popular even when it was in production.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
I'm quite fond of it, both the old rectangular tin from murray's and the newer stuff. I probably have a dozen tins in the closet. I think the major issue with it is that it's out of step with modern tastes which lean less towards the mild but steady "all day smoke" and more towards the punchier in-your-face flavors favored by the thrice-a-week pipe smoker.

Fair enough, thanks for the reply.
And that thrice a week comment is spot on isn't it !?
I say that because I am a thrice a week smoker, although I enjoy both mild and punchier blends .

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.

Well said.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN

So it transitioned to STG/Orlik? I have no idea, I thought it was long gone before 2005. There were so many Dunhill aromatic Mixtures in the rectangular tins that I’ve never seen other than in advertising. I’m assuming many where never imported to the States?