PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
Afternoon, ladies and gents!
Some here will recall a bit of bad news I got last Friday. Today I get to report a bit of good news; two bits actually. First the new job. I found out today that I got accepted for a job at my carrier-of-choice out of Lincoln, NE. Second, I can report on the generosity of a forum member! Neal (npod) has sent me two tins of Virginia to help ease the transition...and the words "Dark Virginia", "jet black Cavendish", and "Perique", left me in no doubt about which one to crack open first.
Sb5fr90.jpg

NB2Jfa8.jpg

I decided to reach for a briar today, although I mainly smoke cobs; this is a Stanwell 51 with a pleasant sandblast. I rubbed out some of the Rattray's Marlin Flake and stepped out back. The afternoon is beautiful, and the breeze is subtle; I reach for my zippo. Light my pipe. After a few puffs and some pictures, I put the camera away and settle in.
I won't inflict a review on my readers, but I will say that the flavor was excellent, and I can't remember the last smoke I had that was so lovely on the retrohale. I had been meaning to try breath-smoking after a recent thread, and I gave that a go today. My technique needs work. ;) You've certainly made my day, Neal, and I look now for the opportunity to pay it forward!
Josh

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Cheers Josh! Glad you liked the tobacco. And CONGRATS on the new job. My family lives in Lincoln, NE. Will you be moving there? It's a great town. In honor of your new job I will play, "I can see Clearly Now (The Rain Is Gone) by Holly Cole and smile for you.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Congratulations Josh! Glad to hear things are falling into place.
Good job Neal. You're alright in my book. I don't care what anyone says...

Sep 7, 2018
I had read your other post and felt for you. I am truly glad you got your "career of choice". From someone who truly loves their job and their co-workers I hope you will as well. Nothing compares to going in everyday and enjoying it.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Good on the both you cornhuskers. Wife and I spent 5 or 6 years in northeast NE not too long ago and would often drive down to Lincoln when we needed a dose of city life. There was an excellent Indian place owned by a Bhutanian gent called Jaipur that we loved to frequent. He made a really mean jalapeno ipa too.

Status
Not open for further replies.