PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Ah, excellent. Finally caught up with all 6 episodes, and definitely want to find out what happens next. Lots of references to classic Shaw Brothers wu xia films (e.g. the "Hand of 5 Poisons" episode), gorgeous fight choreography, and a few plot twists that I honestly didn't see coming.
Looking forward to Season 2.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Just watched the Season II premiere of "Into the Badlands" and, Holy Hell, this is going to be a fun ride!
The opening fight sequence at the mine was stunning but the multi-tiered, oil refinery battle killed it.
Adding Nick Frost was a smart casting move as the only somewhat humorous character in such a bleak existence. I hope he hangs around for awhile and they don't kill him off too soon.
What did you think, Nate? Thumb up or down?
Fnord

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
I've seen this series available on hbo here in Europe, I've skipped it so far but now I'm interested!

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
The martial art fighting is amazing to me. I would love to see how they choreograph and film them to make them seem so real. Excellent series and I am looking forward to more episodes.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I "watched" the premier this morning and only caught pieces. I'll rewatch this evening and post my "thoughts" posthaste. My expectations are high. I've been rewatching last season and like it even more the 2nd time.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
I just finished watching season 1. I like these crossover genres of east and west, kung fu cowboys. I always thought the post apocalypse world was for apes. I will watch season 2, and I hope they don't go down the same road as True Blood. It was fun until they ran out of ideas.
Daniel Wu is pretty famous in China for sleeping with a bunch of Chinese movie stars and filming it. Everyone thought had good things to say about him until his computer was fixed, sex tapes found, and posted online. He couldn't he get a spot in a commercial advertisement after that.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
LMAO, Kiel.
What goes on behind a closed bedroom door is nobody else's business until the relationship ends and somebody gets butt-hurt or a computer gets hacked.
He's really wonderful as Sunny as the Clipper in "ITB", but maybe not so much as being a stand up guy in real life.
It might be time for him to settle in the U.S. and pick up the roles John Lone aged out of.
Fnord

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
fnord
Agreed. It was a real kick to see my wife's "holy shit" reaction. He was the first character to appear on screen for the first episode. After his besroom tails were seen and heard about by litetally billions of people in China, he disappeared only to show up 10 years later as Sunny! We had to pause the show after she realized who was raging through the poppy feilds on his chopper. After she finished talking about his exploits we settled down to watch Sunny, impaler of the stars, destroy some nomads.

Status
Not open for further replies.