Into The 21st Century: I Bought my First Smart Phone.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Jay, try reverse pinching your screen to expand or magnify what’s on the screen. You will love this feature and no magnifying glass required! Just act as if you are pinching the area and expand your fingers and presto it’s larger. Reverse action to return it to normal. Not something you would have encountered on an old non smart phone! Forgive me if you knew this, but it seemed like maybe a tip would help 🤷🏼‍♂️🙂

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
My old mobile phone was a PAYG Motorola Razr clamshell thingy that I barely ever used unless I was in hospital. It ended up in a drawer after my provider stole my credit for not using it enough the thieving swine.

After much thought and chats with the few folk that I still know I decided to look into getting a smart phone and I settled on a basic Samsung Galaxy A-15 which arrived this morning.

No charger included (bloody cheapskates) but I knew that and managed to get my kindly neighbour to donate one of his drawer full of chargers so I was ready to go.

Out of the box & straight on the charger while I got my microscope out to read the quick start guide.....pretty hopeless was that.

Once charged I had to go through a whole load of ticking boxes and reading pages of gobbledegook then ended up stuck on the Samsung Account Login page. I didn't want such an account but couldn't progress without accepting. A quick (landline) call to Samsung sorted that out and now it works of a fashion.

I haven't got a sim card for it yet but I tried the internet and even looked up this very site but was locked out. Likely because I made up a new e-mail address for the phone which differs from my 'normal' one. I need to look into how to register again.

I'm impressed how much this thing does considering it's a basic phone.

Much to learn and no doubt much to confuse/irritate me but hey ho, I'm a member of the modern world now :col:

Jay.
Well, I say congratulations! A pocket workstation can be a very useful tool and a fun toy when used in moderation.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Took my first picture yesterday.....I'm really impressed...

1st photo.jpg
....though for some reason it looks as though I have a wall clock stuck on my wrist. [The eagle eyed will spot that the date and the day are 24 hours out

The first selfie I took I shall refrain from posting....it even scared me!

Jay.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
After over a decade of having a smart phone, I can say they are useful for listening to music and getting directions. Everything else is a worthless distraction.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I think they have uses depending on your situation. Im in business so
email is handy
GPS an absolute necessity
Camera
Music
of course phone
Translation device
Calculator
Web access

The rest I dont use. A lot of things Id rather use my pc for.

hasser

Lurker
Jul 28, 2023
My old mobile phone was a PAYG Motorola Razr clamshell thingy that I barely ever used unless I was in hospital. It ended up in a drawer after my provider stole my credit for not using it enough the thieving swine.

After much thought and chats with the few folk that I still know I decided to look into getting a smart phone and I settled on a basic Samsung Galaxy A-15 which arrived this morning.

No charger included (bloody cheapskates) but I knew that and managed to get my kindly neighbour to donate one of his drawer full of chargers so I was ready to go.

Out of the box & straight on the charger while I got my microscope out to read the quick start guide.....pretty hopeless was that.

Once charged I had to go through a whole load of ticking boxes and reading pages of gobbledegook then ended up stuck on the Samsung Account Login page. I didn't want such an account but couldn't progress without accepting. A quick (landline) call to Samsung sorted that out and now it works of a fashion.

I haven't got a sim card for it yet but I tried the internet and even looked up this very site but was locked out. Likely because I made up a new e-mail address for the phone which differs from my 'normal' one. I need to look into how to register again.

I'm impressed how much this thing does considering it's a basic phone.

Much to learn and no doubt much to confuse/irritate me but hey ho, I'm a member of the modern world now :col:

Jay. Opening my first online store of adult toys using just a smartphone was a game-changer. With the expertise of AWEB Agency’s SEO services https://aweb.agency/en/services/seo/adult-toy-seo/ I quickly gained visibility and traffic. Their tailored strategies and user-friendly approach made the process seamless and successful. I highly recommend their services for anyone looking to boost their online presence.
congrats. You can do a lot things having new smartphone like online business.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
congrats. You can do a lot things having new smartphone like online business.
Yup, just waiting for my sim card to arrive on Friday then I really can explore its features.

Just playing with it as it is I'm really impressed with what it's capable of though it will never replace my laptop, my eyes aren't good enough to rely purely on the phone.

Jay.

Reactions: jpmcwjr