New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I was watching both of those and had a lower bid on the C.P.F.—I would’ve bid more; the unused condition and slip of paper is right up my alley, but, hard to justify as I wouldn’t be smoking it, just preserving it—there are some pipes I’d rather put funds towards that I can smoke at this time. I love that chunky Kaywoodie, but, wasn’t feeling like spending that much this time around.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I was watching both of those and had a lower bid on the C.P.F.—I would’ve bid more; the unused condition and slip of paper is right up my alley, but, hard to justify as I wouldn’t be smoking it, just preserving it—there are some pipes I’d rather put funds towards that I can smoke at this time. I love that chunky Kaywoodie, but, wasn’t feeling like spending that much this time around.
Same here, I don't think I could have talked myself into smoking it.

• Love
Reactions: TheIronMonkey

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Great idea for a new thread! But please post the link to the original auctiion listing so that interested parties can go to the listing to see the other images, rather posting a screen grab. That's what we do on the British pipe thread.

The Kaywoodie is pretty spectacular in terms of condition, and it's a real rarity, so I can kind of see the price, just a bit surprising for a Kaywoodie. But, there's been a resurgence in prices on rare and/or fine condition vintage pipes going on for the past year and a half.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I also had a low bid on the CPF but I would've probably smoked it 😅

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I am confident in saying that this is probably the most money ever paid for a post war Kaywoodie estate. 😮

Unsmoked (apparently), but not in mint condition. Meaning it didn't come off the line looking anything like that.

It's been sanded and re-finished, and whoever did it shiny-ized (gleamificated? glareified?) the chamber wall in the process.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Unsmoked (apparently), but not in mint condition. Meaning it didn't come off the line looking anything like that.

It's been sanded and re-finished, and whoever did it shiny-ized (gleamificated? glareified?) the chamber wall in the process.
Yeah, that seller tends sell really “shiny” pipes.

• Sad
Reactions: OzPiper
Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.

First thing I noticed. Never seen a Kaywoodie bowl look like that. I'm curious what the seller did to achieve that, and more so why.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I was referring to the outside of the stummel as well as the inside of the chamber.

Sanded all over, stained, and made shiny.

There are any number of reasons why re-finishing an unsmoked pipe might be necessary, and the listing only says "unsmoked", not "mint", which is technically correct, but such wordplay diminishes our hobby, imo.