PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Bandik

Lurker
May 27, 2023
Hello : thinking-- of Buying *CHERRY--WOOD MADE* pipe : any suggestions,--Who is making them ( apart from SPANU ) ? Also, anyone heard-- of " SHIRE" pipes : who they are ? any good ?? thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Coreios

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Why do you want a cherry pipe? Briar is better. They used to make most pipes outta cherry. You could probably do a little research and find a cherry pipe cheap on Ebay or Etsy. Be careful though cherry wood is deceptive. Cherry could be the color, the shape, or the wood. Also here here where they sell pipes you can filter to only show cherry wood pipes.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hello : thinking-- of Buying *CHERRY--WOOD MADE* pipe : any suggestions,--Who is making them ( apart from SPANU ) ? Also, anyone heard-- of " SHIRE" pipes : who they are ? any good ?? thank you
There are pipes made from cherry wood eg this Ropp (French)
These are rustic looking pipes with thick, chunky walls.

IMG_7536.jpeg

There is also the cherrywood SHAPE - pipes made in the shape of the above.
The Poker shape is somewhat similar, with a shank/stem at right angles to the bowl.

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
I have several Ropps Cherry wood, don't smoke them because they are crap, why don't I sell them because I won't put anyone through the crap, Briar, Meerschaum and Clay's are better than Cherry Wood.

• Haha

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
love cherry wood pipes. But they're not like briar. It's a lot less durable and less pretty too. It also changes the flavor of tobacco a lot more dramatically. It can improve or ruin certain blends. Worth having one or at least trying one. If you do get one make sure you don't write it off from one blend. Vanilla goes great with it.