Increasing a Blend's Nicotine Content Without Altering the Flavor?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars
3 Fresh Abe Herbaugh Pipes
6 Fresh Rinaldo Pipes
12 Fresh Rossi Pipes
3 Fresh Castello Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I prefer to just smoke blends as they come. If I don’t want a big nicotine hit I’ll smoke something lighter. If I want something with more nicotine I might light up a stronger burley or va/per. My go-to blend is Pegasus because of the taste and its medium-level nicotine content. I generally don’t smoke blends with no nicotine and that might be something you end up doing in the long run. There’s nothing wrong with adding five brothers or c&d burley bulks to raise the nicotine content of a blend you enjoy though.

I'm generally much the same way. If a blend doesn't have enough nicotine for my liking I just don't smoke it, because there's over a thousand varieties of pipe tobacco to choose from so I can always find something else to smoke that would better suit my personal tastes.

In this case though I've spent many months hunting around for a cherry aromatic I like enough to add to my rotation, and flavor wise Cult Blood Red Moon is just so much more enjoyable to me than every other cherry aro I've tried; so I'm thinking I might be willing to put in a little blending work to keep that flavor profile while adjusting the nicotine content to my liking. I have really enjoyed Mac Baren 7 Seas Red Blend and Gawith Hoggarth American Black Cherry as well, both of which had a satisfying amount of Vitamin N to me, but neither of them tasted quite as perfect as Blood Red Moon.