PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Correct, no one is going to take my guns away. If you are willing to sacrifice your liberty for the FEELING of security, you don’t deserve either liberty or security.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Volunteers, kids really, boys and girls with skill and guns, well trained and commanded, keep America strong. Citizens, well trained, with guns, protect themselves, families and occasionally others safe, not strong. Other citizens with guns simply kill other citizens.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
I love how as long as the political threads veer to the hard right, most people seem cool with them. But when someone posts with progressive or liberal views, there's a panicked rush to shut it down! Happens. Every. Time. It's cool to advocate locking up the homeless and to believe they have no rights, and you all cheer... but it's taboo to make an ironic point that the proliferation of automatic weapons is the problem not the solution. :crying:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
America sometimes goes days, weeks even years without a "massacre." You should turn around more often.
I've not noticed any siding with one perspective or the other here when it comes to closing threads. When someone pops up with an unfiltered, jackass observation or statement the mods step in.
Too bad they're asleep or doing other things right now.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Those who advocate gun control have every right to their opinion, and lots of people take that postition.
Just please be honest and understand that it is not a non-violent position to take. You cannot acheive "gun control" without taking guns away from people.
To advocate that the government send armed men to people's houses to forcibly disarm them is to advocate violence.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I love how as long as the political threads veer to the hard right, most people seem cool with them. But when someone posts with progressive or liberal views, there's a panicked rush to shut it down! Happens. Every. Time. It's cool to advocate locking up the homeless and to believe they have no rights, and you all cheer... but it's taboo to make an ironic point that the proliferation of automatic weapons is the problem not the solution.
I agree. In order to move forward and become better, stronger more unified nation there needs to be open discussions. Unfortunately, in today's society if the person you're talking to doesn't agree with you, you are told to shut up, and get out of the country. Same goes for congress too. Instead of doing something for the good of the country the Republican's and Democrats would rather just fight each other over there views and instead of working for a solution to benefit the bulk of Americans. Obviously you can't please everyone, and not everyone fits under the same umbrella, but coming up with laws that help the bulk of society are good for progress and growth of America. I wish more people could understand this though.
My previous comment was not a jab at the poster either; it's unfortunately true that many American's have those beliefs. Personally I think those beliefs are crazy! I'm all for the second amendment, but lets be honest; some people should not own guns. But I'm not going to get into that right now.

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
Saltplug, you have to admit that even though you may not agree with free citizens in a free country that should be free to protect themselves against threats against their freedom, you do agree with your right to be free. Right? If so, who do you believe should protect that freedom you have? You...or someone else? All I know is that I am not going to depend on anyone to protect me, I will protect myself. In your world, would you prefer I do not have the right to protect myself?

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Also-according to the news reports, the shooter in this incident was DISHONORABLY discharged from the Air Force. It was illegal for him to possess the firearm he used. Guess he didn’t care about the law.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Have to add that I am blessed and most grateful I feel no need to carry. While realizing that there are more coward killers than ever before.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Good read about a country that dared to stand up for sanity. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2017/10/03/how-australia-beat-the-gun-lobby-and-passed-gun-control/?utm_term=.362ca39bf8fa

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Sounds like a great place to live. Why don’t you move there? I am sure you would be much safer there.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I really wish this sort of political shit would stop.
There is ZERO chance that one side of issues like this will change the mind of the other side.
Ever.
Period.
In the meantime, threaded forums all over the Net are dying because, 1) mobile-oriented social media doesn't handle the format well; and 2) bullshit like this thread.
This pipe site is the last of its type that gets significant traffic. Please don't help kill it. Resist the urge to start, and then argue about, unresolvable political topics.
Thank you.

Reactions: Papamique
Status
Not open for further replies.