PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
The fact it still shows in stock right now makes me think there will be a lot of unhappy people.

It sucks because I remember when P&C was a reputable site and was just as good as SP until it was sold.

Now, I’m honestly still surprised they’re in business.
Believe it or not, I received a notification from UPS that shipping was set up. Want on the way yet but a tracking number has been assigned. I like my chances a lot better at this point. But I also agree with you. In general, P&C has sucked. Even their website looks like it's was done 20 years ago.

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
Got my order in today. The two tins of brown sugar flake were in it thankfully but it was short two of the other things I ordered.

Reactions: Buffalo

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
The fact it still shows in stock right now makes me think there will be a lot of unhappy people.

It sucks because I remember when P&C was a reputable site and was just as good as SP until it was sold.

Yeah. It was reputable when Russ was still mixing in the back room in Albany.
I don’t know how it got so brutally fucked up. I mean, I have my theories, but they’re hard to believe.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Placed an order, thx op. So far, P&C has been 100% on my orders, hopefully the streak continues.

Reactions: Buffalo

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
Thanks! I grabbed a tin. I know P&C gets a lot of shit and I respect that it's well-deserved, but I've had good experiences so far.

So, the dice are in the air. We'll see how they fall!

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
So a box showed up today from the Santa in the brown truck. It was my order from P&C. Everything was there, from the two tins of Brown Sugar Flake, the two tins of Kringle Flake and the 4 tins of OGS. Honestly, I was surprised to see it as soon as I did. P&C has never not sent me everything that I ordered, but they have been one of the slowest to get things shipped I've dealt with. When they sold out to CI, the norm became to print the shipping label so it shows that it had shipped, and then set on it for a week or two until inventory arrived.

Maybe things have changed for the better. Five days from the east coast to the midwest isn't too shabby in my book.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
So a box showed up today from the Santa in the brown truck. It was my order from P&C. Everything was there, from the two tins of Brown Sugar Flake, the two tins of Kringle Flake and the 4 tins of OGS. Honestly, I was surprised to see it as soon as I did. P&C has never not sent me everything that I ordered, but they have been one of the slowest to get things shipped I've dealt with. When they sold out to CI, the norm became to print the shipping label so it shows that it had shipped, and then set on it for a week or two until inventory arrived.

Maybe things have changed for the better. Five days from the east coast to the midwest isn't too shabby in my book.

One can hope. I feel it’s always better to have competition in our little niche market because some of the prices are starting to get ridiculous.

Glad it looks like everyone that wanted to try it out and grabbed a few will get the pleasure of letting us know their opinions on it and I look forward to it.

I will say, 4-5 days might be a new record for P&C :LOL:

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
One can hope. I feel it’s always better to have competition in our little niche market because some of the prices are starting to get ridiculous.

Glad it looks like everyone that wanted to try it out and grabbed a few will get the pleasure of letting us know their opinions on it and I look forward to it.

I will say, 4-5 days might be a new record for P&C :LOL:
I'm finding it air good, sweet and spicy. But I think it will benefit from a few years of aging. It is relatively mild and has a fair amount of rough edges. Once it smooths out it should be superb.

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
I'm finding it air good, sweet and spicy. But I think it will benefit from a few years of aging. It is relatively mild and has a fair amount of rough edges. Once it smooths out it should be superb.
I'm going to be 100% honest with this, but I am very underwhelmed. The blend itself isn't bad, and maybe it's because my palate has changed since the first tin I had years ago, but BSF reminds me so much of Peterson's University Flake, I had to stop smoking a bowl BSF last night and load up a second pipe with University Flake and do a side by side. Holy cow they are similar.

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York

I order from P @ C frequently with no problems.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Well I usually have good luck with P&C but I placed an order last Wednesday and still haven't received shipping confirmation after 10 days. Guess I'll have to reach out and have them cancel the order.