PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
A my office, during the workday, my default, go to tobacco is cherry cavendish. All the brands of it I’ve tried are excellent, but Lane’s Smoker’s Pride is my favorite.

Yes, Cult Blood Red Moon might be a little bit better than Smoker’s Pride Cherry Cavendish, but not by much, and maybe most of that enjoyment comes from opening those beautiful little round cans that cost about $15, which is more than a 12 ounce bag of Smoker’s Pride.

Cherry cavendish is more or less, the same regardless of who made it.

It tastes wonderful, smells even better in the room, it’s sweet as cotton candy, and it’s mild and never beats you up smoking it.

I read where the do gooders are after flavored tobaccos.

Let’s hope they don’t outlaw cherry cavendish soon.:)

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
I always wanted to find and enjoy a cherry blend but stopped trying ages ago, some bite... others don't taste like tobacco. And now flavored tobacco is illegal to sell in my state.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I always wanted to find and enjoy a cherry blend but stopped trying ages ago, some bite... others don't taste like tobacco. And now flavored tobacco is illegal to sell in my state.
Out of curiosity, even Prince Albert, Velvet, Carter Hall and SWR have a little added flavorings. They aren’t straight burley.

How do the do gooders deal with codger burleys?

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Out of curiosity, even Prince Albert, Velvet, Carter Hall and SWR have a little added flavorings. They aren’t straight burley.

How do the do gooders deal with codger burleys?
I don't know, I've not tried to purchase those blends. I expect that enforcement is modest and perhaps only blends that clearly indicate a flavoring aspect are held back by retailers for in-state sales. But again....I'm not certain.

Jun 23, 2019
A my office, during the workday, my default, go to tobacco is cherry cavendish. All the brands of it I’ve tried are excellent, but Lane’s Smoker’s Pride is my favorite.

Yes, Cult Blood Red Moon might be a little bit better than Smoker’s Pride Cherry Cavendish, but not by much, and maybe most of that enjoyment comes from opening those beautiful little round cans that cost about $15, which is more than a 12 ounce bag of Smoker’s Pride.

Cherry cavendish is more or less, the same regardless of who made it.

It tastes wonderful, smells even better in the room, it’s sweet as cotton candy, and it’s mild and never beats you up smoking it.

I read where the do gooders are after flavored tobaccos.

Let’s hope they don’t outlaw cherry cavendish soon.:)

Ken Byron has a Sakura blend every once in a while, if you enjoy a cherry aromatic, it's definitely worth a try.

A lot of states are banning flavored tobaccos but this is mostly as a reaction to vape/vape products targeting children.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
Like the Cult, also really like Wilke’s version.
I'll second the vote for Wilke Cherry Cavendish. For me it's the best of the genre. If you find Wilke to be too pricey at $64 /lb you can try Lane limited TK6 which is similar but almost 1/2 the price at Smoking pipes.com ($36/lb)

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

multitool

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2023
Hawaii
Thanks to Briar Lee for mentioning Smoker's Pride Cherry Cavendish. After I read this post, I gave it a try and it was the best cherry aromatic I've had. Nice sweet pronounced cherry flavor throughout the bowl, and you can't beat the price and it's always available.

Reactions: minerLuke