PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
More than a carver Yanık is sculptor.He is expensive because instead of carving huge numbers of pipes weekly,he focus on working project based.I worked with him on 2 projects,ı had chance to see his workshop and library about smoking pipes.He is very knowledgeable on this art.Most of his pipes has a historical story.
Thank you for the contribution to the thread.

I'm at a point now where I have enough classically shaped meers for every day smoking and have taken more of an interest in some of these elaborate carvings.

Many "figural" meers are kind of mundane...you tend to see the same type of carvings over and over, such as claws and skulls...and most aren't all that impressive. But Yanik stands out as an artist with unique creations...and even when it's a skull, or something like this Bacchus which has been done by others, his contain stunning detail and are obviously superior carvings to most of what you see out there.

I only have one of his so far, the "Celtic Knot" below, which to me is a real work of art, and the only elaborately carved meer I own.

Yanik 1.jpg
Yanik 4.jpg

Reactions: Deano and drayve85