PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Would anyone have a lead on (beyond eBay and Meerschaum Market) or be willing to part with an IMP meerschaum pipe? Shape and condition are not of great importance. However, if given my druthers, I'd pick a large chamber with a slight bend, unsmoked or lightly smoked. Thank you.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
WGM Meerschaum was started by IMP's lead carver, and shares the same quality as IMP.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
When IMP went under a few years back, SPC sold literally hundreds of IMP's for more than half off. I got this big apple for $135. Some of the prices I see them going for now are ridiculous! 8O
img_20150426_0202181-600x450.jpg

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
When IMP went under a few years back, SPC sold literally hundreds of IMP's for more than half off. I got this big apple for $135. Some of the prices I see them going for now are ridiculous!
Handsome (and unsmoked?) IMP. Thanks for posting the picture.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Man, I just looked up IMP's again, and they are even more than they were the last time I checked. Must be a rarity thing.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
How would this IMP meerschaum pipe shape best be described?
002-316-2686.jpg

PS: Curious, is the current owner of this pipe still on the forum? I know it was sold about a year ago, give or take.

Jul 12, 2011
@chasingembers, I remember those prices...but now, insane pricing on basic/smooth shapes...I guess they are looking to all keep a lot of unsmoked Meers sitting all alone on a shelf somewhere...The worse type of pipe is an unsmoked pipe. :crying:

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Snowhill, it looks like the "Village" model of The Smoke, a pyrolytic graphite pipe similar to the well-known The Pipe which was marketed in shapes (and model names) geared more towards college types.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
I just wish they didn't use acrylic stems. Is Baki the only person who makes meers that uses ebonite/vulcanite stems? Altinok seems to have upgraded their stems. Not sure what they are made of, but they look awesome... especially on their Lee Van Cleef pipes.

Snow Hill

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2015
USA
Thanks, jonasclark. Interesting pipe. The shapes are quite similar. Here's a picture I found of the Village online.
pipe092.jpg

Image: Thepipe.info

Status
Not open for further replies.