PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackop555

Lurker
Dec 31, 2017
I have 6 meerschaum pipes all from different producers. This is my only imp and also my only pipe that has produced this marbling.

• Love
Reactions: Kingsley

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's unusual. I have an IMP that is coloring in fully. Maybe just difference in blocks?
img_20170712_004246-337x600.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Kingsley

blackop555

Lurker
Dec 31, 2017
Chasing, I've seen yours in posts i have read it's such a smooth, rich color. Jason I've never seen color like yours. Is it African or made in Austria? I have one that looks similar, but no color yet

blackop555

Lurker
Dec 31, 2017
I've seen that pipe in that article a while ago. To me that is the most beautiful meerschaum i have ever seen. He said that the guy who made it smoked it. one.

blackop555

Lurker
Dec 31, 2017
Jason, I've only ever waxed all of mine once when they start to dull or if my fingers start sticking to outside. They seem to hold wax for quite a while.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Every meerschaum will color differently, and yes some will have that marble look. I have two that have that marbled looked. It's just part of the coloring process for that particular pipe. I wouldn't worry about it. It looks like it coloring nicely.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Is that yours Cortez?
According to the article:
marbled-meerschaum.jpg

Pipe carved by Fikri Baki, that has been smoked by him for a few months. It’s one of the most dramatic examples of marbled coloration I’ve seen. This patina development was accomplished by smoking the Pipe, which started out as the traditional white smooth finish.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I remember seeing that Baki once before. Truly amazing...incredible coloring. If he really did that in just "a few months" he must have been smoking that thing constantly.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I wish it was mine! Well, we can dream, can't we? Everything about that pipe is beautiful. No wonder the carver kept it for himself. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.