PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

aspiring_sage

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
Just pulled the trigger on a gorgeous Savinelli 673 and a few other ecoutrements to start my journey. Also got some Presbyterian blend and some My Mixture 965 from Peterson. Super excited to get started. I've been an avid cigar smoker for well over 12 years, been wanted to get into piping for a very long time, having briefly dabbled a bit in the past. Excited to be part of this community, will keep you all posted on my journey...
Welcome from MN!

Embrace the community, they have been a huge help to me whenever I posted a question. I don't know how they keep the energy to answer (or argue about) the same questions over and over, but there is a wealth of knowledge here!

elvishrunes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2017
Good on you. If you’ve smoked cigars for years, you’re less likely to just quit, you’re already halfway there. I smoked cigars for a few yrs before pipes…

Reactions: JRW11b

tirefire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Just pulled the trigger on a gorgeous Savinelli 673 and a few other ecoutrements to start my journey. Also got some Presbyterian blend and some My Mixture 965 from Peterson. Super excited to get started. I've been an avid cigar smoker for well over 12 years, been wanted to get into piping for a very long time, having briefly dabbled a bit in the past. Excited to be part of this community, will keep you all posted on my journey...
Welcome aboard . . . A cigar guy here too . . . As a recent convert to the pipe, I gravitated to English and Balkan blends quickly. G. L. Pease Quiet Nights and Arango Balkan Supreme are pretty much all I smoke nowadays.

JRW11b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2023
Welcome aboard . . . A cigar guy here too . . . As a recent convert to the pipe, I gravitated to English and Balkan blends quickly. G. L. Pease Quiet Nights and Arango Balkan Supreme are pretty much all I smoke nowadays.
Definitely excited to try that Quiet Nights blend. I also just ordered a few ounces of Shepherds Pie and some North woods as well. The English blends appear to appeal to me the most. I'll look into that Balkan Supreme for sure. Thanks for the reply!

starrynight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2023
If you're anything like me, your tastes are going to shift quite a bit. When starting out, the heavier the latakia blend the better (pirate kake, etc...). It was (and is) just such a unique and fun flavor. I guess my own beginner advice would be to come back every once and a while to a straight virginia/virginia-perique blend, and try it again--and again. At some point it's just going to click, and there's nothing like it. I guess that's all anecdotal, but, it's all I got. Welcome, and good luck!

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Welcome! You've got a solid start with the pipe and tobacco you chose. Hope you enjoy it. Starting out can be a little frustrating until it clicks, and then it gets easier. Don't give up and feel free to ask questions.

Reactions: UncleRasta

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I’ve had the same 673 roma lucite since 2013 as a virginia pipe. Dude it’s my favorite Sav, the shape and chamber size are just right. I’m sure you’ll really dig the one you picked up. Presby mixture is a standard blend for me too. Welcome to the forum.

JRW11b

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2023
I’ve had the same 673 roma lucite since 2013 as a virginia pipe. Dude it’s my favorite Sav, the shape and chamber size are just right. I’m sure you’ll really dig the one you picked up. Presby mixture is a standard blend for me too. Welcome to the forum.
The pipe came in earlier today. Its so nice. I also received some Shepherds Pie and some North woods. I tried that Shepherds Pie, and man, I REALLY like it. Can't wait to dip into the others.