PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
I remodeled my home, sold the house, lived in a rental condo for two months, and finally purchased and moved into my new home. I had to wait over a month for internet service, but I'm up and running now.
I haven't been active for around 6 months it seems. I've been lurking around this site, so I haven't really left, I've just been inactive. Now that things are settling down I plan to be more active.
My new home is located on a deep water canal very close to the bay in, Bay Saint Louis, Ms. The brutal weather in the Teton Valley, Idaho is now just a memory. I can now sit on my deck with a smug smile when other members are complaining about shoveling snow, and other weather related issues (hopefully no hurricanes here). I was pleasantly suprised to find out that Ms. residents over 65 are not required to purchase a fishing or hunting license.
Forum members looking for a place to stay while in the area are welcome.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hey! That's great news! Congrats on the move.

How long before you miss the bugling of elk? :lol:
I'm looking forward to lots more posts now.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Moving can be quite an ordeal, but you've come through the other side. When I've first gotten to a new

residence, it takes a while to learn the place enough to go on automatic pilot so you don't have to navigate

around, so you know which ways the doors open and where the light switches are. Sounds like you've settled

in comfortably. Home sweet home.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Welcome back Pete! Glad to hear you are well. I still have your letter from the Secret Santa last year by my computer. And I regularly smoke and show off the old Kaywoodie you sent me to friends. It's a treasured pipe, and I'm grateful for the kind gift. I'm happy to see you around again!

apiperisdown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2014
I came threw Bay Saint Louis on the way home from Florida about a month ago. Nice looking town. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy the Gulf coast.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Nice to see you back in the saddle, Pete.
I'm also glad to know you made the relocation in one piece. However, while you're smugly enjoying the sunshine and warmth 12 months a year, please embrace and hold dear the high double digit humidity, ticks, poison ivy, gators, kudzu, feral pigs, cottonmouths, hurricanes, sweet tea and every other lousy thing I dislike about the deep South.
On the other hand, post 65 free hunting and fishing could be a powerful inducement as are slaw dogs - but the latter might be more of a Georgia thing.
The best thing about your new state of residence is the remarkable way two "smallish" state schools upended the SEC power structure in 2014 and fired a warning shot across the bow of NCAA football. The Rebels and Bulldogs have made this college football season a damned delight.
Missed you, pal.
Fnord

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Bad news, bro! Pulled off the road to snap some pics, a few years back. For about 15 minutes of walking in the right of way, I received a solid 3" raised belt all around the bottom of my jockey shorts and the top of my socks. I had forgotten to spray down before going out. Southern summers and little red critters :oops:

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
Thanks for the kind words and warnings of the critters of the deep south. Trailboss, that picture of chigger damage says a lot. I managed to get into chiggers in the Colorado mountains and I empathize with the week long misery. This area also has a heartworm issue for dogs, and way to many ants, at least Heartguard will protect my pets. There are plenty of Nutria around here as well, but no danger to humans when left alone.
As an added bonus, nobody seems to mind my Detroit Red Wings flag.

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
Wow, did you see that foot?! Dude has like ape hair going on or something. That's a freakin' hobbit! 8O
Also, nice to meet you Trailspike48. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.