PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthall

Lurker
Mar 3, 2014
I've got just over 30 lbs cellared, and at my current rate that's 5-6 years. Not too bad considering I only started cellaring in November. I'd like to have another 30 pounds, but right now I'm cellared wide, the majority is in 2 oz tins with very few duplicates, about 200 different blends. I'm working now on deciding what I want to cellar deep, then I'll probably add another 30 pounds of the stuff I never want to be without. From there I'll just work on maintaining stock. The hard part for me is I've tried about 35 different blends, and I've yet to try a tobacco I couldn't make work for me. I guess I just really like tobacco.
I also have about 300 good cigars in the humidor, but I go through those very slowly. I figure thats already a 10 year supply at least. Maybe more. I definitely prefer the pipe.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
at about 4-6 bowels a day I would last 45 days with what I like, 65 more with what I don't. I average a pound a month. I figure its better then a pack a day.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
"I smoke at least five bowels a day"
Every time you type this, it cracks me up, rsuninv! :)
Bowls. Bowls. I'm begging you.
Otherwise, five times a day is just too much activity happening in your bowels.
Bob

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
[/quote]I could probably go 9-10 years according to the too early morning math.
It was too early to do math. My calculations show you going through a pound a month, so maybe four years. That's based on 3 grams per bowl and five bowls a day, seven days a week.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I had to do the math three times before I even believed it. Attempting anything more than shaving before the first cup of coffee is always dangerous. 8O

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I certainly buy tobacco faster than I can smoke it, and I may already have more than enough to last me my lifetime but that won´t stop me from buying much, much more. Although it appears that we’re preparing for Armageddon, and I do find it rather amusing, I know we just love our pipes and tobacco so much that there is no such thing as too much or too many.
Dot

cuchulain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2014
Massachusetts
Trailboss, According to them it shipped, usps says they ain't got it. They can't do anything about it until monday, so i'll call again then. Just grousing, I'm sure it'll get straightened out at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.