PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjacquin

Lurker
Nov 15, 2010
Lets be hypothetical here... haha.. If you only had 60 dollars to your name you house was burnt down in a fire and all of your pipes went with the fire.. What pipe would you buy with 60 dollars..
Just play along and name the pipe you would purchase I know it is far fetched but....

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
A pocket-sized Savinelli Lolita, $47, and like wallbright, have enough left over for some tobacco.

pipes-cigars-tobacco_2128_84496423.jpg

jjacquin

Lurker
Nov 15, 2010
Quick question... I have noticed on some of the estate sales it shows "new" by it.. Are these pipes truley new or not? I thought estate pipes were used?

jjacquin

Lurker
Nov 15, 2010
What are the down sides to buying an estate pipe, if any? I was always told that the older the pipe the better the smoke gets, is that true or not?

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
That's a real nice one Juni . To answer you jjacquin. Once you have a bit of experience you can score some great deals on estates . One of my Dunhills was in a ten for twenty buck batch as I recall. The problems you can run into are many. Burn out, heavy ghosting,chewed up stems that cost more than the pipe was worth to replace (I do my own ), split shanks that some how get forgotten when they are listed. But with all the risks I still have a huge collection and have spent far less than a quarter of what I would have buying new.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
i have some nice estate pipes. i had to clean and sanitize most of them but have bought a few that were ready to smoke when i got them.so estate pipes would be a good way to go.

also buy a briar kit for 24.00 bucks. you can smoke it as is and wittle it down as time allows. lol

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I keep thinking of picking up a Nording DIY kit. The issue is I find something different to grab instead.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
i just made a pipe from a nording DIY kit. tuned out great. smoked it on the way to work and has a great draw, will not have to open the airway. the grain was not good so did a little rustic work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.