Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Most of my favorite upscale tinned blends make excellent blending tobacco with inexpensive bag, bulk or tub tobacco. The pricey stuff comes tingling up through the flavor mill and is especially enticing in a mix.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Texmex will often give you smoking bowels.
I've hoarded away about 100 lbs, which is more than I'll likely ever need at the rate that I smoke. So I don't have any issues with tobacco supplies in retirement except where to store it in the cardboard box I'll be living in.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Being 7.5 years away from retiring, my plan in the next couple of years is to squirrel into my pantry about 120 lbs of a variety of tobaccos which, I calculate, should last until I go the way of all flesh. This assumes I won't live to be more than 90 years old, which is very unlikely. I'd be one hell of a very cranky 91 year old ...

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
John I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're doing better. In your case I'd probably stick to just a handful of bulks and buy a few pounds at a time whenever you see a sale. P&C had one not long ago for 20% off.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
WOW...that is seriously cheap 8O
Jay, to be sure, it is cheap...and it is cheap. Kind of like sneaking into McDonalds for a burger. Tasty, but crap, if you know what I mean. Still though, it is well good enough if NOT smoking was your other option.
+1000 to newbroom. Daughters and Ryan is the cheapest way to get GOOD tobacco that I have found. I got 9 lb of it at the last P&C sale. Surprised I didn't think to mention that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.