PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I have seen people say Davidoff Flake Medallions are the same as Luxury Bullseye Flake. I would not be surprised.
If the perique content is similar, I think you are right in saying it is mostly VA because LBF is as mild as may.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Well dang, that would bite if DFM was the same as LBF. I have not tried the Davidoff, maybe I should do a comparison. With the price difference between the two, that sure would bite if it was the case.
One good experiment I had was taking 50g of Mac Baren Navy Flake and mixed in 5% McClelland blending Perique from 2007. Let it sit for awhile and viola, its very tasty. You still get the nice Navy Flake flavors but now with the added spice of the Perique.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
It is more speculation than anything but since they are both made by Orlik in the same factory and have nearly identical presentation it stands to reason that it is a possibility they are the same.
I think it is proven, though, that Luxury Bullseye Flake is the same as Orlik Bullseye Flake - that seems almost obvious when you think about it, but at first glance it is not really evident.
Honestly, the Davidoff would have to be a hell of a lot better to justify the price difference. I have my doubts that it is twice the blend of LBF, but LBF is definitely half the price at least!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Orlik Golden Sliced followed very very closely by Peter Stokkebye's Luxery Bullseye Flake.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
If You had to Choose Only One Va/Per

I'd blend a second one myself...
All kidding aside, it would be a toss-up between the aforementioned Solani 633 and Escudo.
Although, come to think of it, Dorchester and Dunbar are regulars as well. Oh and then some Fillmore.. or Louisiana Red. And if we can mix in other stuff, then I would need to add Sunday Picnic (turkish), AJ's (some cavendish) or Cumberland (Kentucky).
I give up :roll:

1coolsmoke

Lurker
Feb 9, 2012
Thanks to your all's input on the va/per blends, My order from P&C should arrive on monday.It consist of Escudo,Mcclelland Beacon,GL Pease Haddo's delight & GL Pease Fillmore.Now what to try first? LOL !!!

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
MacBaren HH Acadian Perique.....I know, I know not REAL Perique but its the best to me. It has a lot going on!

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
One good experiment I had was taking 50g of Mac Baren Navy Flake and mixed in 5% McClelland blending Perique from 2007. Let it sit for awhile and viola, its very tasty. You still get the nice Navy Flake flavors but now with the added spice of the Perique.
Hey, That is my fave smoke. Did I tell you about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.