If The Zombie Apocalypse Came Today, How Long Would Your Cellar Last?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
At the current rate I smoke...about 20 years, but I don't smoke very often compared to those who smoke 4-6 bowls a day!

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
I watch the Walking Dead all the time. You do not need a cellar just find a B&M and take what you need. There is no money in the Zombie Apocalypse.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I would have to guess I could probably last about a year or so... I have more tobacco than food!

werdna

Can't Leave
Jun 6, 2013
As of today's delivery, I have about five pounds of tobac. That will last me about ten months.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
What about the new street drug nick named "crocadilla" or some such thing, causes people to act zombie like? Oh and is supposedly so toxic it kills you from the inside out and causes black scaley skin. One girl had to have part of her leg removed after using it. I heard this on the radio so it may or may not be true.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Hey peck,another one you could smoke when the zombies come a knockin is black Irish twist. Even Phillips won't touch that chit!!!

jservant98

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2013
Southern Oregon
My cellar would not last long but I think the economy is going collapse before anything else, but then again maybe the "zombie apocalypse" will happen right after that....LOL.

Dec 24, 2012
Mustang, I tried the Brown Irish twist once. I am told it is stronger than the black. I didn't last long - I was in rough shape from that shit. I jarred the rest up and every once in awhile I look at the jar and shudder.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Peck, I like brown Irish twist a lot. I usually mix it with some big and burley or other burley blend and it is good before bed. Phillips said that he smoked some of the black and his daughter said his house literally smelled like shit. It just doesn't taste good at all. But hey if it will ward off zombies or vampires I guess I'll break it out then. :laughat:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In case of the zombie apocalypse, the length of time my tobacco stash would last would depend on what

the zombies were smoking that year. But seriously (?), some great disruption would slow down my pipe

smoking a lot. But if I kept right on as I do at present, being a moderate smoker, I think I could coast for

about three years. A tub of Granger seems to last me forever, but I guess that is because I smoke a lot

of 965.

Aug 1, 2012
Just added another year to my cellar. Now I'm up to 6-7 years at my current pace of consumption which is pretty low.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Well, if I were to hole myself up in a safe house and nobody else wanted any ... I'd probably smoke more than usual. I'd say I'd need to stock up a bit more. I got a bunch of small 4 oz. jars (nine) one 12 oz jar of 1Q, a bunch of tins and some pouches. I'd think I'd be set for at least a year. Ya know, once things hopefully are taken care of, unless I'm living the life of Rick Grimes.

burghbriar

Lurker
Jan 8, 2012
I agree here with cmdrmcbragg. I'd probably smoke more -- having the Zombies around would make me a little more nervous, and getting to a B&M for cigars might be problematic, but you could probably buy them off with cheap bundle cigars. At 60 lbs. or so cellared, I figure I might make it six years.

nscoyote

Might Stick Around
Oct 19, 2013
I have 1 pouch of amphora left till my 4noggins order arrives but I have 100 acres with lake frontage fresh food meat, fish *primarily lobstrr and clams* fruit and veggies, lots of ammo, secure water and 2-10kw gensets and about 2 pallets of Charmin quilted. I can trade for 'baccy when needed

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Looks like the event horizon is ever nearer:
Man shot after breaking into home, ranting about zombies
http://ktla.com/2013/10/28/man-shot-in-yorba-linda-was-hallucinating-talking-about-zombies/#axzz2j3GpBLEV

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
2 years but then I'm still a noob with no money. Only smoking a bowl every third day kinda helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.