If My Cats Identify as Children, Can I Claim Them as Dependents on my Taxes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I hear you Brother! Thank God for people who truly love animals. They are so innocent and reliant on us. We are their world...and they are my world.

I am a hunter also so don't misunderstand. I also love meat hahaha!
As a TRUE hunter I believe in a humane hunt and hunting is a necessary way of life.
I don't name my deer, chickens or cattle.
I had a vegan ask me once how I could justify loving my cat and eating a cow. I said one my cat eats other animals it's kind of part of being an animal or at least certain types of animals. Also never got close with a cow. And finally if I am on plane wreck in the Andes I'll eat a stranger first not my cousin or friend. Life is kind of messy by design.

• Love
Reactions: Ebarber

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
@Ebarber Thanks for helping those kitties. You and the vet may have some input on the parole board. If you've got a local animal protection group, maybe they can lobby also. Our local Humane Society used to have it's own LE Officer. Anyone like that would have clout at the hearing, or even before. Amazing how different people are.

This is the shelter where we got the black kitty, the founder is a great guy:
Cat Alliance Team Sanctuary (google.com)

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
@Ebarber Thanks for helping those kitties. You and the vet may have some input on the parole board. If you've got a local animal protection group, maybe they can lobby also. Our local Humane Society used to have it's own LE Officer. Anyone like that would have clout at the hearing, or even before. Amazing how different people are.

This is the shelter where we got the black kitty, the founder is a great guy:
Cat Alliance Team Sanctuary (google.com)
Thank you. There was really a lot more to the story that I didn't want to bore people with. I'll check with those. Thank you!

Reactions: romaso

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
best cat video reaction from my guy. Hey was having a freak out and not much to do about it really. Just let it run it's course. He was hiding in the closet (normally trying to calm him down at that point made things worse, now I can chat him out of bad times "what's going on buddy? Oh you're fine etc...)but just waiting for him to calm down and watching a play list of random stuff. A video of a kitten getting impatient about being fed. He heard the feed me meow and came out of the closet and gave me the sternest meow I've ever heard and got all square and puffed out. I was like someone is totally awesome. Just have to brag about the cat sometimes. He's crazy even for a cat but totally great little guy. Smart too.
Another cute one. He likes laying on my arms when I play video games. I was playing one of the souls games he was watching the screen when I was fighting a boss. The character got hit with one of those big next hit will kill you hits and when it happened he gave out this concerned oh no meow. I was like does he have an idea what's going on or just reading my vibe?

• Love
Reactions: Ebarber
Status
Not open for further replies.