If My Cats Identify as Children, Can I Claim Them as Dependents on my Taxes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My cat has a serious identity crisis like every SJW, he identifies as a dog. Follows us all day every day, does tricks, runs after treats.

My wife and I always joke he is our eldest son, so yes, I think you should ask for a tax deduction and get state child support for him. He even has healthcare insurance!

View attachment 138419
I had a cat that thought he was a dog.

• Haha
Reactions: Ebarber

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
A pretty big story on her actually.
She was the neighbors cat across the street.
The said neighbor "piece of shit" or poc across the road was the daughter of a friend who died and left her the house along with an inheritance.
She was doing well then when dad died she got back into drugs.
My Callie was one of 3 cats she had.
One of the cats was killed by one of her friends dogs.
Callie and her sister Nia used to hang out with me on my porch when I sat out front in the evenings in the summer smoking my pipe.
We watched them across the street go downhill and spiral as a choice of doing drugs.
They weren't feeding them and intermittingly letting them in the house.
The cats started getting thin and we noticed they weren't being taken care of at all.
They couldn't even take care of themselves so it wasn't a surprise.
We started feeding them consistently and put boxes on the porch for them to sleep in...winter was coming.
We have live cameras and one night I saw the POS boyfriend came outside and threw Nia out of the front door and slammed Callie down in the front yard.
I saw it live as I have the cameras out front of my house on a laptop while I watch tv.
A shady bunch so I constantly keep watch.
My wife and I went out and got them and took them into the shop.
Nia seemed ok but Callie was dragging her back legs when she tried to walk.
I figured that he broke her spine.
I kept them in the shop overnight and we called the authorities.
They came the next day and took them to the vet.
The vet said that the POS popped her leg out of her socket or broke her hip.
They tried to pop the ball of her leg back into her hip and after a few days of getting her back it didn't take.
Dr. Houser was either going to have to end up doing a major surgery on her or put her down.
Newark city animal control normally pay for injury's and the vet bills but they said they wouldn't.
Dr. Houser did the surgery on her own to let her live.
We found Nia a home after staying with us for a long while and we were actively seeking a home for miss Callie.
She needed some healing time and rehabilitation after her surgery.
We have experience with that because of our current cat Bunchie who had a similar surgery when we rescued her years ago.
We were actively trying to find her a home while rehabilitating her and I had to get her out of the shop because with her hip situation I couldn't bring my dog Jade out to the shop while she was in there.
We brought her in the house.
We had inquires but after checking them out on Facistbook and the such we declined. We wanted her to go to a good home.
Most we checked out that wanted her had the potential or were like the one she had come from.

She deserved better.

I woke up one morning in bed with her looking at me purring.
She had touched my cheek with her paw to wake me. Without breaking eye contact, she crossed her paws and put her head down on my hand .

I verbally said...you aren't going anywhere sweetie...you are home.

Her given name was actually Paisley but I renamed her Callie. She is now in the witness protection program. I am her bodyguard for as long as I take in air. I would give my life to protect this little kitty.

The POS. We went to court for a while over it. The vet was also involved.
He was sent back to prison for a probation violation so they dropped charges.
He got back out for a short time and went back in for a PV again.
Expected Release Date/Parole Eligibility Date 09/01/2022

I don't understand the court system. You wouldn't believe what this guy looks like or his record and he keeps getting out.

He hasn't seen the likes of me though....Giddy up little doggie :)

He'll probably OD shortly after getting out. that's what they usually do when they are on heroin.

Last edited:
Reactions: romaso

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
A pretty big story on her actually.
She was the neighbors cat across the street.
The said neighbor "piece of shit" or poc across the road was the daughter of a friend who died and left her the house along with an inheritance.
She was doing well then when dad died she got back into drugs.
My Callie was one of 3 cats she had.
One of the cats was killed by one of her friends dogs.
Callie and her sister Nia used to hang out with me on my porch when I sat out front in the evenings in the summer smoking my pipe.
We watched them across the street go downhill and spiral as a choice of doing drugs.
They weren't feeding them and intermittingly letting them in the house.
The cats started getting thin and we noticed they weren't being taken care of at all.
They couldn't even take care of themselves so it wasn't a surprise.
We started feeding them consistently and put boxes on the porch for them to sleep in...winter was coming.
We have live cameras and one night I saw the POS boyfriend came outside and threw Nia out of the front door and slammed Callie down in the front yard.
I saw it live as I have the cameras out front of my house on a laptop while I watch tv.
A shady bunch so I constantly keep watch.
My wife and I went out and got them and took them into the shop.
Nia seemed ok but Callie was dragging her back legs when she tried to walk.
I figured that he broke her spine.
I kept them in the shop overnight and we called the authorities.
They came the next day and took them to the vet.
The vet said that the POS popped her leg out of her socket or broke her hip.
They tried to pop the ball of her leg back into her hip and after a few days of getting her back it didn't take.
Dr. Houser was either going to have to end up doing a major surgery on her or put her down.
Newark city animal control normally pay for injury's and the vet bills but they said they wouldn't.
Dr. Houser did the surgery on her own to let her live.
We found Nia a home after staying with us for a long while and we were actively seeking a home for miss Callie.
She needed some healing time and rehabilitation after her surgery.
We have experience with that because of our current cat Bunchie who had a similar surgery when we rescued her years ago.
We were actively trying to find her a home while rehabilitating her and I had to get her out of the shop because with her hip situation I couldn't bring my dog Jade out to the shop while she was in there.
We brought her in the house.
We had inquires but after checking them out on Facistbook and the such we declined. We wanted her to go to a good home.
Most we checked out that wanted her had the potential or were like the one she had come from.

She deserved better.

I woke up one morning in bed with her looking at me purring.
She had touched my cheek with her paw to wake me. Without breaking eye contact, she crossed her paws and put her head down on my hand .

I verbally said...you aren't going anywhere sweetie...you are home.

Her given name was actually Paisley but I renamed her Callie. She is now in the witness protection program. I am her bodyguard for as long as I take in air. I would give my life to protect this little kitty.

The POS. We went to court for a while over it. The vet was also involved.
He was sent back to prison for a probation violation so they dropped charges.
He got back out for a short time and went back in for POV again.
Expected Release Date/Parole Eligibility Date 09/01/2022

I don't understand the court system. You wouldn't believe what this guy looks like or his record and he keeps getting out.

He hasn't seen the likes of me though....Giddy up little doggie :)
not that far off from my guys story but the people where just bad just sadists and selfish. No need for drugs. Interestingly I kept feeling this sense that they didn't need to be taken care of as that was going to happen. No details but it happened and didn't need to do a darn thing. It's rare but there are some people who seeing bad things happen to them and seeing their life destroyed is actually joyful. My buddy pretty much ate my savings in getting him back to shape. Worth it though especially since he's such a good little lap cat that has learned that he doesn't have to keep defending himself.

• Love
Reactions: Ebarber and romaso

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
The bi-color guy lived on Mt Hood. He approached a rural home during a cold spell, and they called a local rescue and that's how we got him. He was probably abandoned as a kitten, as he was socialized to people. He obviously fed himself and survived what I think was a coyote attack (has some scarring). He is seriously fast and strong when he plays, his old hunting skills. He just LOVES being a house cat now, only goes out on the deck when it's nice.

The black kitty was trapped with his family at 4 months old, starving at the time. He spent a year in a great cat shelter that takes care of them, even though he didn't get adopted as he was so shy. But he liked other cats so we brought him home and the bi-color showed him how to relax and that us people were ok. He's happy now. He's liking the house cat life too!

• Love
Reactions: Ebarber

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
The bi-color guy lived on Mt Hood. He approached a rural home during a cold spell, and they called a local rescue and that's how we got him. He was probably abandoned as a kitten, as he was socialized to people. He obviously fed himself and survived what I think was a coyote attack (has some scarring). He is seriously fast and strong when he plays, his old hunting skills. He just LOVES being a house cat now, only goes out on the deck when it's nice.

The black kitty was trapped with his family at 4 months old, starving at the time. He spent a year in a great cat shelter that takes care of them, even though he didn't get adopted as he was so shy. But he liked other cats so we brought him home and the bi-color showed him how to relax and that us people were ok. He's happy now. He's liking the house cat life too!
the black cat has a bit of the crazy look to him. I have lived with mostly crazy cats. Who wouldn't want the house cat life? I just hope when the aliens get here they consider us pets. It's kind of amazing to see how much they can go through and mostly come back from.

Reactions: Ebarber and romaso

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
I hear you Brother! Thank God for people who truly love animals. They are so innocent and reliant on us. We are their world...and they are my world.

I am a hunter also so don't misunderstand. I also love meat hahaha!
As a TRUE hunter I believe in a humane hunt and hunting is a necessary way of life.
I don't name my deer, chickens or cattle.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.