If My Cats Identify as Children, Can I Claim Them as Dependents on my Taxes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Seems like a long shot, but these days, you never know. Keep us posted, though. If it works, your next move is to go into your local bank branch, go up to the teller, say that you identify as Bill Gates, and would like to make a cash withdrawal of $100 million USD.

And if THAT works, ask for it all in 2 dollar bills.

• Haha
Reactions: macaroni and romaso

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yeah unlike people I don't think you're cats are expressing any distress at the idea of not being able to legally for tax purposes be identified as children. For one I can promise you that cats don't understand taxes or money. In fact my cat thinks I am just being a jerk every time I go to work. I keep trying to explain to him that if I don't work he doesn't get fishies. He doesn't get it.

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
you know most of my cats felt like really cool room mates. My current cat is my little boy for sure. If I ever kill anyone they probably tried to hurt the cat or the girlfriend.
For sure! We've had another cat for 12 years. I do like that cat but it has never really warmed up to me like this one has. This one prefers me for sure. So now my wife and I have our own cats ?. I have always been a dog guy but when we recently lost our Rottie this girl has really helped me with the loss. She's a real sweetie. I keep telling her I'm not really a cat guy but she keeps melting my heart lol. She's a rescue but I'm not sure who rescued who here....

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
For sure! We've had another cat for 12 years. I do like that cat but it has never really warmed up to me like this one has. This one prefers me for sure. So now my wife and I have our own cats ?. I have always been a dog guy but when we recently lost our Rottie this girl has really helped me with the loss. She's a real sweetie. I keep telling her I'm not really a cat guy but she keeps melting my heart lol. She's a rescue but I'm not sure who rescued who here....
my first cat converted me. my dad found a furry cat skeleton hn the woods and after nursing him back to fat i felt for it, so i spent time with it.. it gave me this look jumped on my lap and put his paws around my neck gave me three face rubs and i saw cats aren't just cheap dog knock offs.

• Love
Reactions: Ebarber and romaso
Status
Not open for further replies.