If I Flew to the U.K. To Get Some RDF and Condor...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
...How much could I bring back with me? I've never flown outside the U.S. as a civilian or to Europe. I'm sure there must be a limit to the quantity. Also, what kind of taxes or fees would I have to pay?
I wouldn't won't anyone to think that I was visiting just to satisfy my out of of control TAD, so of course, I would tour some of the distilleries in Scotland. :wink:
Thanks.
Pax

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Brass you might want to do this in the next couple of years, The UK may not be accepting flights into the country by 2040 and beyond,

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/moratorium-on-brains

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Condorlover1...over the years you have mentioned the famous "Condor". Finally got some Long Flake....not bitten by the bug, but definitely got the virus. Condor rocks, period!

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
@brass This may sound a little silly, but why not just order it on line. I've gotten condor plug twice from Pipe Divian. The 1st time They even let me use paypal. Not sure what RDF is.
@pepesda1 1st off nice talking with you for the 1st time. IMO Long Flake is very good. But PLUG is in a league of it's own. Way better.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Scrooge, good talking to you also. I've heard that the plug is a league of its own in depth of flavor, just as you said. I hope to have the chance some day to get a "taste".

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Condor whilst being the greatest tobacco ever created is not a lakeland :puffy:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Back to OP's question: I can think of dozens of reasons to fly to London, but to buy Condor—or any tobacco or pipe— would be well down the list.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
I've heard that you'd be completely safe with 4 pounds. The better option, if you want more than that, would be to ship it to yourself in the US from London.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
@brass This may sound a little silly, but why not just order it on line. I've gotten condor plug twice from Pipe Divian. The 1st time They even let me use paypal. Not sure what RDF is.
Thanks, Scrooge. I sent them an inquiry. Didn't know about this vendor.
I've heard that you'd be completely safe with 4 pounds. The better option, if you want more than that, would be to ship it to yourself in the US from London.
Thanks for this info. I checked the customs link and they just address cigarettes and cigars and "equivlants". They gave no clue what the equivalents might be in pipe tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.