If HU Tobacco Was Available At Smokingpipes.com, Would You Order It?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

If HU tobacco was available at Smokingpipes.com, would you order it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
If you want to order a couple of tins, it's probably not worth it as you won't be able to amortize the cost of shipping across enough volume to make it cost justified. However, when you consider that many tins of HU sell for $7 to $8 per tin, if you order 2 to 3 KG, the shipping cost is easily offset by the cost savings. Same is true for some other nice tobacco blends you can order in bulk at a discounted price such as Capstan. You can order a pound of Capstan Gold or Blue Flake for $54 per 450 gr (= 1 lb). A 50 gr tin costs $14 plus at one of the US online retailers or well over $125 per pound!

You ask about HU Virginias, which are quite good. Haymaker sells for $6.47 per 50 gr tin. Order 10 tins with $35 shipping tacked on and that's equivalent to purchasing 10 tins of a Virginia blend here at $10 per tin with free shipping. You can order a 250 gr bag of HU Directors Cut, which is a favorite HU blend for many, for $36.61! That's slightly over 1/2 pound. It's not much more difficult to order from Estervals than it is from Smoking Pipes or any of the others. You may have to finagle to first time to get your browser to convert from German to English and to convert to $ but it really isn't that big of a deal.
You may have to finagle to first time to get your browser to convert from German to English

top right of page is the choice of German/English/Chinese languages below that currencies including USD

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
The main trouble would be customs. They'd have a field day charging exorbitant duties on parcels containing more than 4 tins. Kilos? They'd love it! I can see duties invoices for $600.
i am not in the states but I have seen pictures of large orders from HU by some people on here who are, with no mention of large customs charges

OR have things recently changed?

robcapp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2017
Massachusetts
The main trouble would be customs. They'd have a field day charging exorbitant duties on parcels containing more than 4 tins. Kilos? They'd love it! I can see duties invoices for $600.
$600 duty for kilos of tobacco.... sign me up !!!
Ridicilousky cheap (relative to the reat of the wolrd)... I'd pay that in a heartbeat, and get back to ordering more!

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
i am not in the states but I have seen pictures of large orders from HU by some people on here who are, with no mention of large customs charges

OR have things recently changed?
he's in Canada..
US is no problem :col:

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
With all the attention HU and Estervals is getting it’s probably just a matter of time before someone takes notice.

A few years ago people were ordering Cuban cigars from Switzerland and other countries by the boatload. DHS and Customs did a full court press seizing the shipments and those companies no longer sell here...

Just sayin...

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
The short answer is that it is not possible to bring in HU because it wasn't on the market in the US prior to the summer of 2016. It would require an SE which would require pre-approval from FDA.

If it weren't for that impediment, it's exactly the sort of project we seek out. So, it's not us; we just don't think it's legally possible as things stand with FDA.

Sykes

So, basically you’re saying if we put “swilford” in the checkout comment section at SPC, we get 20% off?

You rule man! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.