PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

casper223

Lurker
Nov 20, 2010
To everyone who is calling for stricter gun laws in light of the tragedy in Tucson, may I offer this little tidbit: If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat. Remember: Hold people accountable for their actions, not the means they chose to utilize!!! Just my feelings after the Tragedy in Tucson, and in light of our politicians calling for stricter Gun Laws.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Hang onto your hats folks it's gonna get rough.
They've been waiting for something like this, and as you can already see they're gonna make the most of it, they're milking it for all it's worth.
You young smokers ought to forget about "cellaring" tobacco and spend your money while you can on a few things that are going to be literally priceless in the next 50 years.

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Nice link, igloo! In two ways; nice in that it is almost clickable, and actually nice in that it's a Bradbury story.
Thank the good lord that we have a powerful gun-lobby to counter the countless anti-gunners out there.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I actually have a new Springfield XDM on the way and a few thousand rounds of ammo lol. I have been stocking up on ammo for the last 7 years for my pistols and rifles so I am in no short if things get rough. May I recommended if you are stocking up on ammo make sure you have more than one gun in the same caliber, because god for bid if something happens to your gun you just have a lot of ammo to throw at people.

directshot

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2010
When we give up our rights for security then we have neither.

Retired law enforcement.... nothing else to add.

jeepraines

Lurker
Jan 20, 2011
At the risk of making enemies I will state my case. First, I believe every American has the right to carry a firearm. Second, I don't own one. Never will. But that is my choice and it is certainly not something I try to impose on others. Just do not bring it in to my house and we are cool. The only restriction I would like to see implemented is clip size. Why a civilian would need to fire off 30+ shots is beyond me. I don't know the magic number but this sicko couldn't be stopped until he had to replace the clip. Lives could have been saved. That is all.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
“Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun).”

johann

Lurker
Jan 13, 2011
The only restriction I would like to see implemented is clip size.
While it is true that a civilian would likely never need an extended clip, there is still the problem with the proverbial slippery slope. First, we don't need the extended clips, so ban them. But why do we need large calibers? So ban them, then we might ban semi-auto. After all, most civilians wouldn't need to fire off a number of rounds quickly either. By the end of it, the anti-gun lobby would have us carrying single shot .22's, i.e. useless toys.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
When mankind has his guns removed, he will use a knife. When they take the knives, he will use a club. When clubs are outlawed he will use anything he can lay his hands on.

Cain used the jawbone of an ass to kill his brother.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
If guns are made illegal whats going to stop those who already break the law from getting them? the answer nothing the only thing you will do is make those who obey the law defenseless.

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
Do what Chris Rock said, and make the bullets expensive. At $2,000 a shot, there will be no more stray bullets.

casper223

Lurker
Nov 20, 2010
I strongly agree with The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution, Which is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights.

By banning any part of this, or modifying any part of this right makes the whole ammendment without purpose to me. Guns are the biggest political fight i've seen yet. Half believe they should be taken away, the rest feel we should have them. Getting back to my original statement, pencils do not misspell words, cars enable drivers to drive drunk, and spoons don't make people fat, eating habits, physical conditions, and what foods people choose to eat do.

To me, IMHO Politicians are like used car salesman, All of them tell you what you want to hear, until a Politician is elected into an office, then they forget who they represent, or represent their own ideas rather than those who put them in office.

Before I learned to tie my shoes, my Pawpaw taught me how to hunt wild game. I am proud to be one of those so called country boys who can survive, Those years were the best years of my life. Agreed that i've never seen a respectable deer hunter use or shoot at a deer with a machine gun, or semi automatic for that matter, but it's not up to me to judge him for needing that many bullets. As a young hunter hunting wood ducks in the back bayou's of Louisiana, taught me well, that most of the time the 2nd shot coming from your gun was a teaser, and the 3rd was an absolute waste of your time and the ducks energy. I've always thought of those folks at home with semi automatics etc.... to be the ones who didn't get to go to the range as often as I did, and in a home invasion, self defense may need to shoot more than once, again not my decision, nor up to me to judge. The Ammendment was put into place for us, The American population to keep and Bear arms, In my mind, The writers of the Constitution then were Much, Much wiser than those politicians in office now.

My last point i'll make and then shut my mouth is this, I have no faith in a Government who takes 33% of my wages every week because they feel I am not smart enough to manage my money. They take 33% of my money and your money to Washington, they decide what to spend it on and it gets distributed on things both that you need and a lot more things you would never spend your money on, such as Sex changes for inmates in the Prison system who wake up one day and feel they are really a woman trapped in a mans body, partition our court systems for a sex change, then use our tax dollars for both surgery and medications, and physcological treatment afterwards to teach them to deal with their problems, afterwards end up selling themselves off as hookers in the prison system making money for cigarettes and other party favors they feel necessary and totally manipulate the system.

The first thing that came to my mind after the shooting in Tuscon was the Sheriff over their in Arizona, Joe Arpaio getting his hands on this so called coward who felt the need for attention.

I remember well the saga of O.J. Simpson, and as promised his deeds didn't go without punishment, As always what goes around comes around! Why should all Americans be punished for the deeds of one bad apple. I'm sorry folks, but lately as I smoke a bowl in my pipe, and watch the evening news with my wife, and I gander out of my balcony at the rest of the world, These thoughts have been laid heavily on my heart, and what used to be a very relaxing hart of my day is now filled with Anger over what we as citizens cannot control.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
We are all hurt when sick people are not identified and effectively treated with medication or incarcerated in a hospital or a prison. Guns, ammo, magazines and the will to acquire them either legally or illegally will not go away. After the horse is out of the barn politicians will be politicians and do alot of talking. And so we will go from today to tomorrow. Nothing will or can really change. Guns don't kill people, people do, and gun control will be an ongoing discussion because guns in this country fortunately for some and unfortunately for others really cannot be controlled. My suggestion would be for a concerted effort for our Federal government to have uniform nationwide shall issue laws and for states and state law enforcement agencies to become proactive in educating young people on gun safety and enforcing basic training requirements and requalification requirements for those who would legally qualify for ownership. Gun control and gun safety is then a reality and not a myth.

directshot

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2010
My apologies for not honoring my own comment above, "nothing else to add"... but, from my observation laws are meant to keep the honest people honest, the dishonest don't care what laws we make.

** An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

** The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

** Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer and easier.

** Assault is a behavior, not a device.

and in closing.... The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.

Just ranting here..... one of our rights (for awhile).

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
All the government can do at this point is add a few more to the growing list of "gun control" laws, now numbering in the thousands, only making it more difficult for those citizens who SHOULD have guns.
The idiots who SHOULD NOT have guns don't care about any of these laws, old or new. They never have....and never will.
Argue that.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I've never held a gun in my life, let alone shot one. I wasn't raised around firearms. It isn't a right according to Canadian law. I cannot miss what I've never had. But I can appreciate what all you fellows are fighting for; I would sleep better at night knowing I could defend what was mine in a home invasion or an unprovoked, armed confrontation. In a way, I am glad that it isn't easy for people here to purchase guns. It prevents SOME unstable individuals from being AS lethally dangerous and hinders their destructive impulses a little bit. With that said, the criminal element have their own channels and can get what they want by other means. Without any access to weapons, you are pretty damn vulnerable should anything go awry. Excessive regulations do cost sensible people the most. Look after your freedoms, gentlemen. I respect your positions and hope you can hold onto what is yours. If I was brought up in another time and place, I'd be fighting for the same things. I strongly support repealing the Federal Gun Registry here; a staggering waste of taxpayer dollars and a kick in the guts to responsible rural Canadians and sportsmen. It's probably the ONLY issue I agree with the Conservative party on.
Canadian Firearms Registry - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.