PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
It's a must for a bloody mary. If it weren't for the list of ingredients, you wouldn't know there's fish in it at all.

I know it. Anchovies are in a lot of things you wouldn't think of. Mostly because of Worcestershire sauce. You're right it's part of what makes a bloody mary good. I bet though, If it was a called a tomato cocktail with fish juice.. we would have never tried it to begin with. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: mingc

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I know it. Anchovies are in a lot of things you wouldn't think of. Mostly because of Worcestershire sauce. You're right it's part of what makes a bloody mary good. I bet though, If it was a called a tomato cocktail with fish juice.. we would have never tried it to begin with. Haha
Haha, there are many examples of this. "Patagonian Toothfish" was long considered garbage fish until someone decided to call it "Chilean Sea Bass" and now it's all the rage. Large out of state seafood companies are duping people in the lower 48 as well by rebranding Alaska Chum Salmon (Or as it is known in Alaska, Dog Salmon, since it is only good for feeding dogs) by the name "Silverbrite" salmon, which is borderline fraudulent since Coho Salmon (considerably better) are commonly called "Silver Salmon"

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
There are newfoundlanders who won’t touch the Lobster, even if it’s trapped here. They grew up when no one would touch the stuff, and it was just used as bait. And fishermen don’t eat bait.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
I use Thai fish sauce in a lot of cooking; and that's even after I found out how it's made.

Status
Not open for further replies.