PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
and rejoins at a later date, does he start with zero post count? Or does his stats continue as if he never quit?

Not someone who is banned, someone who gives up the pipe, quits the forum and later picks up the pipe again and rejoins PM.
The count starts over. As I recall, when PM changed platforms a few people's accounts got lost and they needed to start over.
As for the Drama Queens who make a big production of publicly quitting. Nobody misses them.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I was a moderator at Cigar Family .com I would give a guy a chance up to a point. If he crossed a line right off the pipe I banned him. I had both powers of banning and suspending. One of my best friends Jonesy just would not stop trying to make political conversations. Anyone else I would have banned them after the second warning. I must have given Jonesy 20 chances to shut his pipe hole but we hung out, went to herfs and I could never ban him although some days I though about it, Yes I am a hypocrite I feely admit it. There were other friends I cut slack. Hoosierpipeguy aka Mark was an animal at Cigar Family, people never wanted to get into a flame war with him.

Flame wars were a big part of CF in the beginning, it was the wild wild west back in those days and nothing was out of bounds.

Then the Fuente and Newman families came out with a charity to bring fresh water to their factories. We had no choice but to tone down the dirty stuff.

The first year of the charity, a bunch of no body cigar guys raised over 100,000.00 in a matter of a few hours. We were pretty proud of our selves. Carlito had given me a custom Sammy Sosa Opus X bat and I donated it to the auction and it brought 300.00. Which was a lot of dough in 1998 or so. Every year we has a thanks giving auction and we pulled in a lot of money every time, A few of us got to visit Carlito in the DR and it was an amazing trip. I was sitting at his desk begging him to make me some Don Carlos Lancero. At the 2001 Cigar Family Celebration(which began in 1998) Carlito presented me with a few of the Don Carlos Lancero I have smoked a number of them over the years and it is still my Favorite cigar with the Trinidad Fundadores being my second favorite. I prefer thin cigars with high wrapper to filler ratios. . Just the opinion of one cigar smoker. I almost forgot the wrapper on the Don Carlos came from a batch of 1984 Cameroon wrappers. Carlito has a cold warehouse that must have thousands of bales of that wrapper. Never seen that much wrapper in one place at one time and that includes visiting the Cohiba and Partagas factories in Cuba.

The quality control of Carlito's works is just incredible. From the box makers to the vein strippers nothing is left to chance. The rolling rooms are like 5 star hotels compared to the poor bastards in Cuba who work under miserable conditions. I feel badly for them.

There is only one other factory that produces that kind of quality and that is Padron. No one beats those two ans if they claim they do they are full of crap.