PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I agree with the Pederson but that's a hell of a dram of Scotch! That glass looks like it has a little foam at the top...definitely a dark Belgian - maybe a Leffe?

Not that dark, that’s the wall behind, and you can also see the white rod from the staircase. Besides, what self respecting Scotsman would be drinking a Belgian Ale... The parfait glass does give me pause though. Heavy bottom double old fashioned glass is the proper way to drink scotch.

Reactions: Kozeman and BROBS

Kottan

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2020
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
I made a lifelong friend as a result of a previous thread on this exact subject. The consensus from that discussion seemed to be “who cares because Ian is an asshole” if I remember correctly. My friend and I disagree with that assessment by the way.
Jethro Tull was a great live band I saw several times, but Ian Anderson is man I would never be friend with.

Reactions: kanaia and BROBS

gnarlybriar

Might Stick Around
Jun 11, 2009
Chesterfield, VA
I was able to talk with Ian after a concert in Richmond years ago, to "interview" him for a CORPS newsletter (which never came out - we get behind on things). I assumed (ahem) that he was Irish. So, naturally, a Peterson, and by gosh, one would assume that the drink is Guiness! The fancier pubs served it in such glasses...Ian gave me an autographed picture of him with a Peterson - and like an idiot, I lost it, or sent it to Tony Dempsey at Peterson (this happened a long time ago). IMHO Ian is a musical genius. No, I, and many, didn't like his personality, but that was common trait of such geniuses! His music (that I've heard) post JT, is classically complex, often beautifully melodious, and good pipe smoking music! It generally isn't Aqualung! Along with my love of JT's music years ago (hey, time to revisit) my wife's dislike of my smoking - she use to refer to their song Locomotive Breath as my nickname...

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I saw Tull back in the 90's at the Chicago Jazz Festival of all places. The concert was ostensibly geared towards jazz flute but they didn't stick to the format very long and started just playing their hits. Decent show but nothing like their 70's concerts in terms of raw energy.