I Would Like To Apologize To Chinese Members.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I have noticed I have been going crazy with my rant about mainland China. I do apologize. I have nothing against Chinese people of all ethnic origin. But I do have several issues with CCP and its government. I meant no disrespect to our members of all heritage background. I will use CCP from now on to indicate mainland China and its government
Honestly, feel encouraged to clarify, but apologize... we are all adults on this forum. Adults should be capable of engaging in intelligent speech and understanding that forums are not the place for long forum conversation. This means that often statements will be written that can and will be taken wrongly by any number of people due to the concise size of the written material.

So what.

People, by and large, should not be condemned due to their ethnic ties.

Governments are a different issue. Fire away at will.

That said, the unwillingness to Que is something that does get under my skin somewhat. Especially when I am driving. LOL.

Sail on.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
This reminds me of the first world war, when they used to take a break to play soccer with the enemy and exchange chocolate and tobacco. I mean. This forum is international, here we respect each other and enjoy our varied topics and opinions. However, our governments work to raise as much money as possible, in nuclear weaponry, and other dark and stinky interests. In the end, this is not Alice in Wonderland. We still don't kill to get tobacco, hahahahahahahahaah. Well done my friend Bullet08.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
The women are very pretty too. My first wife was from Beijing. She was an absolute doll and an amazing cook. The challenge was trying to get her to fit into the U.K because everything was better in China. I remember I shot some pheasants and brought them home since they needed to be 'hung' for a few days before cooking. She looked at them quizzically and then uttered the immortal phrase 'Ok. I cook dead bird for you!'.

Mar 1, 2014
I have noticed I have been going crazy with my rant about mainland China. I do apologize. I have nothing against Chinese people of all ethnic origin. But I do have several issues with CCP and its government. I meant no disrespect to our members of all heritage background. I will use CCP from now on to indicate mainland China and its government

There's an old saying: "Every country has the government it deserves"
But that applies doubly so for democracy.
At least an argument can be made that the CCP doesn't represent the people of China.

Americans get no excuse, more than any country in the world the US government actually is a reflection of the people.

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
I love Chinese food. Its my favourite food I think. Or at least the type that is cooked in the UK. Apparently different countries cook it slightly differently.

My brother in law went to China for a work visit. He loves Chinese here, but was much less enamoured with Chinese food in China. Perhaps he just was unlucky with his restaurant and food choices.

He ended up surviving on boiled rice and Imodium

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Chinese food over here in America like Chinese food in the U.K has been modified to suit the tastes of us 'round eyes'. For example General Tso's Chicken is exclusively an American invention and he never existed. The same applies to Chop Suey, I could go on ad infinite about the differences but you would get bored. The food you would get served in China would be very different, some of you would love it and some of you would hate it. Remember in China you get your soup at the end of the meal after you have eaten the other courses. The seven years I spent being married to a girl from Beijing was a journey and source of so many amazing and amusing anecdotes as to make it feel like a life sentence!

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Chinese food over here in America like Chinese food in the U.K has been modified to suit the tastes of us 'round eyes'. For example General Tso's Chicken is exclusively an American invention and he never existed. The same applies to Chop Suey, I could go on ad infinite about the differences but you would get bored. The food you would get served in China would be very different, some of you would love it and some of you would hate it. Remember in China you get your soup at the end of the meal after you have eaten the other courses. The seven years I spent being married to a girl from Beijing was a journey and source of so many amazing and amusing anecdotes as to make it feel like a life sentence!
If it weren’t for faux ethic food we wouldn’t have chicken tikka masala so i have no problems with it.

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
I work very hard to separate someone from the government of the land they are from. Sometimes I'm successful too. Tone and intent are usually pretty hard to convey through text. But I think most everyone here can get the benefit of the doubt, if there's 2+ ways of taking something in pretty sure most of us here meant it in the way that doesn't anger us.

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
I think it's fair to say that anytime any of us refer to "China", we are referring to the government and not their people. I (and most, if not all of us) rarely have any issues (if any at all) with any country's citizens, especially countries with communist regimes or dictatorships. The people have zero control over those governments and therefore are never the basis of any rant.

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
LOL. I can understand and accept that, but what you need to know is that the majority of Chinese people are very loyal to the CCP.
Honest question...Is that really true? Or do they only go along with the CCP because if they don't, they tend to disappear? If not disappear, then end up with problems, troubles, etc? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are plenty that love their government, but I tend to think that bad things happen if you are critical if Xi.

suamrai61

Lurker
Jun 25, 2023
China
Honest question...Is that really true? Or do they only go along with the CCP because if they don't, they tend to disappear? If not disappear, then end up with problems, troubles, etc? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are plenty that love their government, but I tend to think that bad things happen if you are critical if Xi.
Whether you're curious or concerned, I'm glad that someone is interested in our situation. Is that really true? Yes, that is true. However, at the same time, do people disappear? Yes, people do disappear. In fact, there exists a significant gap between conformity and non-conformity. The majority who conform genuinely believe that the CCP is good. This is because Chinese society is highly tailored. From a young age, we not only lack objective and genuine political history education, but we're also exposed to various contaminated information as we grow up. We have our own social media platforms and TikTok, there are numerous political propaganda slogans on our streets,and our television constantly broadcasts the accomplishments of the party and the bad things happening around the world. Therefore, most ordinary people never find it strange that their country has only one political party. As for those who disappear, there are numerous scenarios. Currently, rare instances of open resistance occur in China, because you can vanish without a trace for causing ripples as insignificant as a stone thrown into the sea. Apart from this, advocating for rights is the most perilous undertaking. As I write this, human rights lawyers in China can be said to have been completely eradicated. In China, you can only advocate for issues like hidden charges in app subscriptions.As for Xi, his name is a prohibited term on the Chinese internet. The real you-know-who. We've come up with many ways to replace his name, and recently my friends and I were using rising and falling tones of his name's pronunciation, like '/\/', as a substitute for his name. However, it didn't take long for this method to become ineffective.Overall, China is like a birdcage where they arrange your life inside meticulously, but all of this requires your obedience to cooperate.I'm posting here for the first time and I'm not quite familiar with formatting, which led to my poorly structured text and grammar errors. I apologize for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.