I Would Like To Apologize To Chinese Members.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I have noticed I have been going crazy with my rant about mainland China. I do apologize. I have nothing against Chinese people of all ethnic origin. But I do have several issues with CCP and its government. I meant no disrespect to our members of all heritage background. I will use CCP from now on to indicate mainland China and its government

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Definitely have no issues with Chinese food. Shrimp lobster sauce, chicken with black bean sauce, five aroma beef, jellyfish salad, some I do not have English translation for. Korean style Chinese food is just to die for.

Reactions: JOHN72 and macaroni

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
My wife and I were friends with a couple who owned a Chinese restaurant, and they would sometimes offer us new dishes to try. One hot summer day we stopped there for lunch and were offered a cold salad. I asked the woman (whose name was Susan) what was in it. She smiled and said, "I will not tell you unless you like it." It was delicious!

Turns out its primary ingredient was sea cucumber. Had I know beforehand I would not have touched it. The moral of this story is that, just as the late Robert Ruark once wrote, "There are lots of things that aren't as pretty as cake or steak, but still taste just as good."

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
My wife and I were friends with a couple who owned a Chinese restaurant, and they would sometimes offer us new dishes to try. One hot summer day we stopped there for lunch and were offered a cold salad. I asked the woman (whose name was Susan) what was in it. She smiled and said, "I will not tell you unless you like it." It was delicious!

Turns out its primary ingredient was sea cucumber. Had I know beforehand I would not have touched it. The moral of this story is that, just as the late Robert Ruark once wrote, "There are lots of things that aren't as pretty as cake or steak, but still taste just as good."
Sea cucumber is good. Kinda like jelly texture with harder jelly bits. Extensively used by Chinese cuisine outside of US.

Reactions: anotherbob

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Disclosure: I’m racially Chinese.

A couple of years ago one of my best friends (Chinese) asked me “why your dislike and criticism of Chinese ?”
I replied “ there is China, the Chinese people and the CCP. They are not the one and the same. I have absolutely no dislike of the Chinese, and I’m very proud of China and its history. But the CCP ………..”

Status
Not open for further replies.