PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Tabac Manil is the only tobacco grower who does it all, even the packaging. I think the Semois operation would be fascinating to see. But understandably it would be most inconvenient for Monsieur Manil if a bunch of tobacco tourists just decided to hang about the farm :puffy:

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
We use three different manufacturers (Lane, Sutliff, and Daughters & Ryan) because each one offers us unique tobaccos and processes that allow us to make blends the way I prefer. It has certainly allowed me more freedom to accomplish what I've wanted.
Russ

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
Great thread with some really great information. I would love to take a tour like in the MacBaren or C&D videos. So much depth in the pipe smoking hobby.

May 4, 2015
We use three different manufacturers (Lane, Sutliff, and Daughters & Ryan) because each one offers us unique tobaccos and processes that allow us to make blends the way I prefer. It has certainly allowed me more freedom to accomplish what I've wanted.
Russ
Thanks for chiming in, Russ! As a follow up, I'm wondering how frequently when blending you introduce your own top notes and processes? Just wondering what level of modification might go in to a blend made from these manufacturers components. Obviously any changes would need to be replicated at production level, but how often does that happen? Every blend, 1 out of 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.