PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jackattack

Lurker
Jun 15, 2024
Austin, TX
...by C&D Autumn Evening in my Rossi bent billiard. I smoked a couple Davidoff flake medallions out of it earlier and got a hint of maple throughout the bowl.

After every smoke I twist a paper towel into the bowl and run a pipe cleaner or two through the stem. I'm not really mad at it as I intended to use the Rossi for any aromatics that I smoked, it's just surprising that it happened so quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
So just pack the bowl with wet grounds and let it sit for a bit?
also works on a sour pipe. A sour pipe is more like a pipe that taste like dog shit smells.
Oh and sometimes wiping out the mortise a.k.a. the hole the stem goes into, can sometimes help with a ghost.
And if you really want to know what a ghost really is smoke one blend in a pipe year after year. That's a real ghost.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
You can also smoke Burley or Latakia English like blends, both really good at getting ghosts out. Of course the longer you smoke blends that ghost, the longer you need to smoke alternatives like these to get it out.

If you can’t or don’t rotate pipes for specific blends, best to alternate blends after one bowl.

Zapasta

Lurker
Oct 23, 2021
Tampa, FL
I seem to get far more precise flavor out of my meers, whereas my briars taste like a jumbled mess, I had always assumed from ghosting. Maybe my meers are different 🙃