PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Aren't cobs awesome, I also am a big lover of them. At work as people pass my me I hear in the distance "HEY CORN COB!!" I'm not sure if they are making fun or just trying to be like, "you see that awesome guy smoking a tobacco pipe... Yeah... I know him" :rofl:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Missouri Meerschaum's are classics, and I hope always will be. I've just had my first experience smoking an Old Dominion, and

find it a separate but equally enjoyable experience. They are especially light, even for a cob pipe, and the bamboo stems give

an original and historical feel that is special. I don't think I have seen and handled a corn cob pipe with a natural stem since my

dad smoked them in the 1950's. I bought two at the pipe show, and have just smoked the smaller, a mini-pipe perfect for short

smokes and really strong blends, but you could easily get 20 minutes out of it with well-rubbed cube or sliced. I'm looking forward

to trying the somewhat larger Laughing Chief, which is still a modest size bowl, and I may get one of the larger bowled pipes in the

future. Missouri Meerschaum cobs, Old Dominion cobs, unfinished briar pipes, and clay pipes are four pipe smoking adventures

no pipe smoker should miss.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I have about 20 cobs in my rotation, some of them 30 plus years old. Smoke em with the filter in, always have...

Status
Not open for further replies.