PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
I'd love to try DIY blending sometime, I really want to do a creme de cassis flavored blend and Drambuie flavored one
Using booze can be a bit tricky. I've done tequila and a honey flavored bourbon, both with blending burley as the base. Dry Burley seems to absorb flavors well.

Applying the liquor directly can get harsh or "bitey". I got better/smoother results from an infusion method (like Frog Morton Cellar), where the spirit is just in the same container as the tobacco you are using.

Pour some of the liquor you like into a shot glass. Place the shot glass in a Tupperware and surround it with your tobacco. You can use a sealed bag too if you wish.

And then wait.

The longer you wait, the stronger and more robust the liquor flavor will be on the tobacco. (it can evaporate off)

From time to time, I would check the tobacco (smell and sample a bit) and sometimes warm up the shot glass of liquor before putting it back into the Tupperware. When did that I would see precipitation on the walls of the container that would dissappear (into the tobacco?) after a day or so. Maybe mix the tobacco around as well to get even coverage.

It works.

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
Using booze can be a bit tricky. I've done tequila and a honey flavored bourbon, both with blending burley as the base. Dry Burley seems to absorb flavors well.

Applying the liquor directly can get harsh or "bitey". I got better/smoother results from an infusion method (like Frog Morton Cellar), where the spirit is just in the same container as the tobacco you are using.

Pour some of the liquor you like into a shot glass. Place the shot glass in a Tupperware and surround it with your tobacco. You can use a sealed bag too if you wish.

And then wait.

The longer you wait, the stronger and more robust the liquor flavor will be on the tobacco. (it can evaporate off)

From time to time, I would check the tobacco (smell and sample a bit) and sometimes warm up the shot glass of liquor before putting it back into the Tupperware. When did that I would see precipitation on the walls of the container that would dissappear (into the tobacco?) after a day or so. Maybe mix the tobacco around as well to get even coverage.

It works.
Thanks, I'll have to try it once I acquire a good blend for it

Reactions: yanoJL