Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
1595512338127.png A lot of people don't realize this, but this is an actual photograph of Cortez.

Woods, what pronouns do you prefer now? The popular they/them pronouns, or would you rather us just change your name from Woodsroad to Logs?

1595512625838.png
This is the latest batch of ginger beer. I have been trying to get a true Jamaican recipe, with raw sugar, an orange, and a pinch of vanilla bean, it should be around 8-9% ABV, a high gravity with a smooth mellow spiciness. I seem to be getting some that tastes like kiddie drinks and some that teeters on rocketfuel/medicine/blech. But, i harvested about ten pounds of ginger root to play with. And, I know your going to ask... ginger flavored pipe tobacco is about the most disgusting thing I've made yet, ha ha.

Mmmm ginger pipe tobacco. Such a warm burny feeling in the mouth. Mmmm
Ginger has a few properties that many that have never worked with the plants may not know about. When weeding the beds, when I brush up against the leaves of the ginger, I immediately begin to taste and smell it. it overwhelms the senses, and that tingly feeling is the slight novacaine like property it has to numb. It's great to have in case of wasp or bee stings. It deadens the pain quickly. In a pipe tobacco, it overwhelms the senses and then makes you mouth go numb. I guess if your really into that... ha ha.
But, in an ice cold beer, on a 100+F day in the heat, I can't really find anything that knocks the heat off and revitalizes as well.
1595515169513.png

Status
Not open for further replies.