PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I've been a little slow today so I've been catching up on my pipe reading. Been looking over my shoulder like someone is gonna catch me looking at Daisy Duke or some other internet hotty. Anyone else ever sneak around while at work? or am I the only loafer today? Come on, be honest.......

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I always read and reply during work... It kinda sucks though because my work computer wont load pictures and videos from this site for some reason and those are the best threads!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Heck, consider reading this forum as your coffe break. There are people doing a lot worse. We had a secretary who always seemed busier than everybody else in the place. Turns out she was running her Avon business out of her cubicle. Now that's egregious.

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
I'm too damn sick to work right now. i have linear algebra homework due tomorrow and a machine eleements test to study for. I try not to procrastinate, but i'm pretty sure i have the flu. I went to a career fair today which went well but left me with a pounding headache. I took 2 naps today and spent most of the rest of the day on these forums

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Another ancient post! A little further back and we get into the pre-pipesmagazine era. I had one job that required I read about six newspapers a day, both to clip and for information. Then I was transferred and hung on with one or two, but the boss found me one morning and thought I was malingering. I was still in an information dependent activity, but I got the idea -- newspapers during breaks only. I ate a lot at my desk so felt I was giving the outfit its due. I will say, when I "retired," the pace of life only picked up. I thought it would be long afternoons deciding whether to read a book or take a walk. Dream on, sailor boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.