PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
The Lane aromatics are pretty much the only aromatics I can enjoy at this point. But just to clarify, 1Q is the bulk equivalent of CB Royal (Blue) not CBW which is RLP6. Personally I buy both the Lane bulks of 1Q aka Unique , BCA, aka Point IV and MV1000, aka 14K (not sure what their shop name for RLP6 is, I'll ask next time when the knowledgable young guy is working) when I make the effort to go to my closest B&M (Fader's), as well as the CB pouches from a convenience store when I don't feel like making the extra drive and paying to park. I don't think there is that much of a difference personally, or any noticeable chemical taste as some have suggested. I think that some people believe that a bulk,which came from a real tobacconist, just has to be better than, god forbid , an OTC. From my experience, both are too moist straight out of the package, and are vastly improved when allowed to dry.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I mixed a small batch of 1Q with 5Brothers..will smoke it tonight to see how it tastes.

pipedreamer

Might Stick Around
Oct 29, 2012
1Q and Capt. Blk. White run neck and neck for the most sold tobacco. I've been smoking both since the big flood, with a few hundred other blends. Think of it. The flavors,textures and almost limitless blends. We are VERY lucky to be pipe smokers, living the dream in the here and now.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
fisher, time to tell us what kind of bird that is :) I've had a couple of budgies (called something else in America) and they were very sweet. They had a cage but the door was always open and they were very affectionate. We got back from church and the stupid weiner dog had eaten the male. The female flew away and we never saw her again. I think she was heartbroken.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Well Guys I finally got some 1Q about 2 weeks ago & what can I say , it has become my favourite smoke so far. Its a very wonderful smelling tobacco that always gives me a very pleasant smoke. I really appreciate those who recommended it to me . Thanks again !

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I just got done talkin to one of the hospital security people at my hospital, he smokes to! Also I really love that church warden! 1Q is a great Aromatic btw couldn't agree more about that.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
simnettpratt unless I'm mistaken the bird in fisher's profile picture is of a Quaker Parakeet. The regular parakeet is what we call a budgie in the US.
I have a little parrotlet myself.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Hey Oldpops, I really want to encourage you to get some & give it a try. Its a great tasting tobacco & the price is right so I can't see how you can go wrong. Hope to hear back from you once you have tried some .

Status
Not open for further replies.