PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuwharami

Lurker
Sep 4, 2022
Hello, I recently found a tobacco pipe in my attic. I don't believe it was ever used and I think it's more than 10 years old. The material feels something like ceramics but I'm not a 100% sure. I tried to disassemble it but I couldn't find even a gap for disassembling, so I'm not able to put filter in there. So yeah, I would love to know more about this pipe, maybe an estimated price and if it would be safe for smoking.
r/PipeSmokingUK - I found a pipe in attic. I need to know more about it.

Reactions: canucklehead

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
So, smoking tobacco from it wouldn't be recommended?
I wouldn't, it would most likely get clogged up fairly shortly. It's pretty cool/interesting looking, but probably more of a souvenir type item than a functional one.

My relatives have brought me similar sculpted clay pipes, such as this one from Mexico, "because I smoke pipes."

20220904_131500.jpg

Reactions: petes03

Tuwharami

Lurker
Sep 4, 2022
You might be more on track than I was. The bowl looks to be removable. Maybe I jumped to the wrong conclusion. But, any exercise is better than none.
I tried removing the bowl but I failed... Its really stuck on there.

Tuwharami

Lurker
Sep 4, 2022
I wouldn't, it would most likely get clogged up fairly shortly. It's pretty cool/interesting looking, but probably more of a souvenir type item than a functional one.

My relatives have brought me similar sculpted clay pipes, such as this one from Mexico, "because I smoke pipes."

View attachment 166934
Thank you. But if it's only for decoration, it's kinda weird that I found the pipe with old ass, broken pipe screen in the bowl.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
That looks like a vintage hashish or opium pipe and it looks old. It might have some collector value if you can find any markings to date it. I would put it in the mouth or attempt to use it. How old is your house ?

Addeddum: There is this one on google images that says Antique cigarrette holder/hash pipe but the auction is closed on etsy:

1662321973730.png

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Thank you. But if it's only for decoration, it's kinda weird that I found the pipe with old ass, broken pipe screen in the bowl.
The broken screen indicates the pipe's prior use. I'm guessing there may have been an old soda can in the attic as well.

If you are interested in a reasonably priced starter set for pipe tobacco or a starting point for a pipe and tobacco, just ask. The forum is fairly helpful to new Brothers of the Briar.

Last edited:

Tuwharami

Lurker
Sep 4, 2022
That looks like a vintage hashish or opium pipe and it looks old. It might have some collector value if you can find any markings to date it. I would put it in the mouth or attempt to use it. How old is your house ?
It's in fact my dead parents house. The house itself is probably like 30 years old. Now I'm interested to know why my parents had this monstrosity in their attic...

Tuwharami

Lurker
Sep 4, 2022
The broken screen indicates the pipe's prior use. I'm guessing there may have been an old soda can in the attic as well.

If you are interested in a reasonably priced starter set for pipe tobacco or a starting point for a pipe and tobacco, just ask. The forum is fairly helpful to new Brothers of the Briar.
There was a lot of rubbish in the attic but not a soda can... Why exactly a soda can?

Status
Not open for further replies.